Friday, September 15, 2017

 A Good Friday morning to you! It is my favorite kind of morning too because it is a bit foggy outside this morning. However, it is burning off quickly as thhe sun starts peeking over the roof. I love a good foggy morning, especially in the southern delta region of the country with the Spanish moss hanging from the trees. But then, I'm not driving in it which can be dangerous if the fog is too thick. But tthis morning it wasn't too thick and was just adding an ambience of peace to the day.

Yes, I missed writing yesterday once again. I think that is the second time this week. We had an early  appointment with our investment guy yesterday morning. The good news is that what little money we do have to invest is still making a dollar or two. Our main thing was to do the paperwork for our "529" education account for our grandson Jon. He is the only kid with an inclination towards going to college, so if we can help him out, it's the thing to do. I don't know what it is with our grandkids and not wanting a higher education. We've told them that we aren't insisting that they go to a college, we'd be thrilled if they went to a trade school of some kind. Our society is hurting for people with a trade school education. Parents push their kids to college and they end up with useless degrees, no job, and still living with their parents at thirty years of age and a mountain of college loans. The attitude of society has certainly changed in this country. You know, when I was in stationed over in Italy for a three month TDY, I met a man who was a waiter in this restaurant. He was extremely proud to be a waiter in that restaurant because he was a fourth generation waiter. To him it was a proud profession and  he was very good at it.

Yesterday afternoon we took the Cadillac to the dealership to get it ready for our vacation. It was due for an oil chang, tire rotation, air filter, and cabin air filter. The great news about all of that is that it is all still covered under my Cadillac service plan and cost me nothing. Yeh, I know, we paid for it in one fashion or another when we bought the car but it feels good to take it in and drive it out without opening my wallet. Aah, the little joys we convince ourselves we have. LOL

Speaking of joys, I'm full of joy this morning watching allof my critters at the backyard buffet. I filled everything aa couple of days ago and there is still plenty out there. Most of my regulars have all been here except for the squirrels and they can stay away. Something knocked over my birdbath yesterday morning and I had to go set back up and refill it, I suspect it was the raccoons because I've seen squirrels up on it plenty of times and they don't tip it. And --- the raccoons are a curious and feisty couple of critters.

Time to get busy around here. I think we are doing laundry today and I know we are making an apple pie. I don't want to be late for a pie. So, you have a most blessed day. Celebrate the joy of God Almighty being in your life. Reach out and do something nice for someone today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment