Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Good morning! I'm coming to you this morning from Columbia, Mo. It is kind of a hazy and sunny morning and I have no idea yet how warm it may be out there. I reckon we'll find out soon when we head out.

We have an incredibly short travel day, only about 125 miles. We took off yesterday around noon from home so we could get through and around St. Louis before the rush hours and the start of any demonstrations that might be planned for the day. It is a dang shame that people have to plan their travels around places because some group might be protesting and or rioting somewhere. But, we made it safely to Columbia and had a good noight's sleep. And of course we started out our day with our Comfort Inn and Suites waffles, and biscuts and gravy. Tonight we are going to be in Independence, MO. I would love to be able to go farther but our room was arranged early in our planning and our room rate is non-refundable. Tomorrow we will have a long travel day so I reckon we'll be up early. We need to make Wall, SD by tomorrow night. I think that will be almost 600 miles. However, once we get into South Dakota I think the speed limit jumps up to 80 mph.

We've notice that there is a lot less fall harvesting being done over here in Missouri. It will be interesting to see what the harvest rate will be like as we travel on up through to South Dakota and across that state. I'm not sure what crops are planted in SD. I think they do a lot of wheat but don't know if they do corn and beans. I know Nebraska and Kansas does a lot of sunflowers. They're the folks that are responsible for keeping my birds happy.

I guess I might as well get ready to put the stuff in the car and then get us on the road. Maybe we'll find a few geocaches as we travel today. We always look for cemeteries to go to because there is usually a geocaches at the edge of the cemeteries.

Until tomorrow or whenever I get to you next, I pray you will have full and blessed days. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment