Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday brings us yet another rainy day and while I have yet to go outside, I suspect it is muggy again today as the temperature is already seventy-two degrees. Nothing much is stirring in the backyard this morning. A couple of cardinals are gleaning from the ground and an occasional goldfinch comes through. Beyond that, it is quiet with the exception of the faint rolls of thunder off in the distance. According to postings on Facebook this mornng we apparently had a 3.8 magnitude earthquake around 0630. I certainly didn't feel it although I was awake and out of bed then. Ms. Kate and I have been through a 7.8 earthquake in California and many of the aftershocks were of the 3.8 variety. According to one newspaper report out of Gibson County, this is the second one this week. I didn't feel the other one either.

This morning we head out to the dentist's office for our exam and cleaning. We are very regular about that and go every six months. With all of the money I have spent in the dentist chair in the last three months, they ought to know how my teeth look. But it is time for my cleaning.

I spent two hours yesterday at the AT&T store trying to get my cell-phone bill straightened out. I bought a new IPhone last month and as I understood my "plan" my bill would be going down a little because of bundling things together. But, I got my preview of my bill, (which I pay automatically through my bank) and was shocked. I normally don't even look at them because they are a set amount basically. But, I opened this one and my bill had gone up almost $300.00. Needless to say there were no happy faces around here. So I went to the office and I think they got it figured out and corrected. But --- between cell phones, cable, and ON-STAR we sure pay a lot of money to be connected to thee world. It is amazing how we think we need all of this stuff. It isn't like we are important people but we have grown so very used to having all of this stuff that we just pay for it. And, we don't even take any of the premium channels on our cable network. But, the ability to talk anytime and anywhere with our family without worry is a luxury that we seem to have determined to be a necessity. I don't know the last time I actually wrote a letter to anyone. Ms. Kate makes cards and sends notes in them to people all the time, but I just wish people a happy "whatever" via the internet and Facebook. It is indeed a changed world and society that we live in.

I've been watching the weather in the locations we are going to on our vacation and they are having much cooler weather than we are. In fact, this week that entire region is having rain changing to snow and back to rain. So, I reckon we'll be packing warmer clothing along. I just hope the weather is really nice on the day we go to the buffalo round-up. After-all, that is what we built this entire vacation around.

It appears that God has turned off the rain and has started to brighten the skies just a little bit. It looks brighter in my back yard because enough leaves have fallen that we can see through the trees a lot more now. The regularity and continual flow of God's handiwork never fails to impress me. How anyone could possibly seriously believe that all of this creation and natural order of things "just accidentally happened; just blows my mind. We and all of this is a product of Divine intervention my friends. Yes indeed, evolution has played a role in all of us and this becoming what we are; But God set that evolutionary process into motion. There are too many minuscule and micro-perfections in this universe for it to be anything other than Divine creation. Nothing can be accidentally perfect to that magnitude.

That's my word of wisdom from the Sunporch today. Have a blessed day. I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment