Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Good morning and a happy Wednesday morning to you. I'm sorry I missed you yesterday but my day began with attending the monthly Clergy Circle meeting. The meeting was the usual dynamic fun filled event, (he said sarcastically). I can honestly say, without trying to be judgmental, that in the thirteen or so years that I have attended these meetings on and off, I have yet to attend one that was "meaningful" or of substance. Unfortunately it is the only way I know what is going on and keep people appraised that I can be available to preach if they want a vacation Sunday. Yesterday they announced that it is time for our Boundary Training again. It is an all-day class that we have to attend every three years on what we should and should not do and how we as clergy are supposed to conduct ourselves. I could teach that class in about three and a half minutes simply by saying; "Don't touch the help. Don't have inappropriate relationships with parishioners. Keep the teachings of Jesus first and foremost in your thinking and your actions."  I just don't know what else needs to be said.

But, --- the morning yesterday did not come without reward. I got home from my meeting and Ms. Kate had made an apple pie. Nobody makes a better apple pie than Ms. Kate. I just had a piece for my breakfast and my day has now begun perfectly.

This morning it is pretending to rain and the temperature is a cool sixty degrees. This is the last gasp of what was once a Category 5 hurricane and is now light showers as it continues on its way north and dies out totally. We are expecting maybe a third of an inch out of it. It will make my turnips grow. They were needing watered anyway. But, I also need to get out and fill all of the feeders again. I went to Wild Birds and Thaings on Monday and layed out over $100.00 on the different bird foods we use. Most of the feeders are empty and before long the birds will be flying around with little picket signs touting my unfair treatment and demanding full feeders at all times. Of course there is always plenty of food thrown out on the ground  but my birds are pretty much spoiled. This morning I have had a couple of wrens and a couple of cardinals actually hop up to the glass door and look in at at me. I think they were frowning at me.

I'm very happy to report that all of my friends have made it through all of the hurricanes and the Montana fires safely so far. My friend in Montana said they are still dodging the fires but they are predicted to get three inches of rain and snow by Friday. I can hardly believe he is talking about getting snow already. But, I still keep all of them in my prayers and ask that you do too.

Time to finish my coffee and this piece of pie and get my day in gear. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment