Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Welcome to an absolutely fabulous looking Wednesday morning. It is already 71 degrees outside and is going up to 91. The sun is shining brightly and no breeze equals a warm start to the day. A cardinal, a hummingbird, an a couple of finches round out my guest list at the moment. Somewhere out there I hear the ratcheting of the summer crickets or perhaps it is a cicada. All I know is that the morning has "lazy summer day" written all over it.

But, we shan't be too lazy today because we do have stuf to do and places to go. Yesterday was a busy day too. Ms. kate and I both had dental cleanings and exams. When that was done we went out and got the teeth dirty again with lunch at our favorite German restaurant, (well, I guess it is the only German restaurant in town). Then we had some banking to do, some stuff to drop off at the Goodwill store, and some grocery shopping to do. But the fun part of the day was coming home and making apple pies. I do love my pie and we made three. No, we aren''t going to eat them all. In fact I'm taking one to my buddy Bob today at lunch time. And, I called neighbor Dan and had him come over and pick up one of the pies too. From the comments and pictures he has posted on Facebook, I'd say they are enjoying their apple pie. LOL I intend tto have a piece of apple pie for breakfast, It sounds like a perfect beginning to start the day.

I'm certainly offering up prayers for the people of Puerto Rico this morning as a category four hurricane is bashing that island. I think that we often forget that we have islands out there that are American territory such as Guam and Puerto Rico and as such, they are American citizens. This is the worst hurricane to hit Puerto Rico since 1938. I can't imagine what itt would be like to live on a relatively small island like that and have a hurricane come across it. Where do you go? How do you seek shelter?

I also offer prayers this morning for the people of Mexico. Yesterday as I was writing about out local earthquake of a 3.8 magnitude, Mexico was getting hit with an earthquake of I think, 7.9. As of last night they had registered 100 people killed but they haven't really begun to clear rubble in order to find all of the dead and missing. I'll tell you, with all of the hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fires, and earthquakes, if I were more of a "Revelationist" I could certainly jump on the "End of Days" prophesies and I'm sure there are many people that will. But, I don't think it is the "End of Days" at all. I think these things happen and have always happened. I do however, believe that we humans are polluting our environment to the point that we are causing changes in the weather and we need to take that seriously. But --- I'm not going to jump on a soap box today. Instead, I'll do what I do best and pray for all of those suffering with all of the natural disasters that are happening. I urge you to do the same.

There is a piece of pie calling my name and I must heed that call.  Have a most blessed day. Never forget that God loves you. Never forget that Jesus Christ died for you and His Holy Spirit walks with you every step of every day. Rely on him for strength. You day will get easier. Peace.

1 comment: