Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Starting one's day out in the dental chair isn't the happiest experience a person can have but today it was alright. Back at the end of June I lost the majority of a molar the night before we wwere to take off on vacation, about ten minutes after the local dentists offices had closed. Fortunately, as big of a gap as it was, it didn't hurt because no nerve had ben exposed. So, we went on our weeks vacation. The remainder of the tooth was extremely sharp and hurt my tongue so my daughter Julie pit some Dentemp on it. That didn't work well and while I was on vacation I called my dental office and they scheduled an appointment for me after we returned from vacation. Well, it has been a full two months plus, but this morning I finally got the new crown put in. It only took a root canal, two months, and a crown to get me back to "normal". Oh, and in two weeks, I get to take Ms. Kate and we both go in for our "six month checkups" and cleaning.

Labor Day didn't amount to very much around our house hold. Although we did have a nice thing happen. I got a text Sunday evening from a young man who worked for me 27 years ago when I was the commander of th Security Police Squadron at Pope Air Force Base. He ws a youg airman at the time. He and his significant other were doing some travel over Laot Day and were going to be in Evansville. He wanted to know if could get together for lunch. So we met them yesterday at the Golden Corral for lunch. It was a very nice visit as we caught up on old war stories and our lives covering the past 27 years. His girl friend is a nice woman and they seem very happy as a couple. I felt honored that one of my troops from so long ago would want to get together with me after all of this time. I look forward to doing it again sometime. They live close to a restuarant that Ms. Kate and I really like over in Kimmswick, MO. I have a nephew that lives over that way too so one of these weekends, we'll just have to go over and have breakfast with the lot of them.

I think to day we may need to go to AAA and seee what they have on the area we are heading to for our vacation at the end of this month. We pay to belong to AAA so we might as well use their services, although, their products and services aren't near what they used to be. They used to be a great travel agency and would provide the famous "Trip Tik" maps etc for a trip. Now, they basically hand you a map. They are far more insurance company than travel agency anymore in my opinion. Between "On Star" and Google Maps on my IPhone, travel agencies will soon be a thing of the past I think.

It has been sufficient time for the new tooth cement to have completed drying so I think it is time for breakfast or brunch. I hope your day is filled with blessings and you feel the love of God surround you at every turn. Blessings and peace my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment