Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Yes, I think it is Tuesday, but I'm not too sure. I love being on a do nothing vacation.

We have left Melbourne Florida and driven down the coast about 50 miles to Vero Beach. We are staying at the Caribbean Court Botique Hotel until Friday morning when I think we will be heading back to Indiana. So far we have had a great vacation with only a couple of annoyances. I don't recall if I told you about the weatherstripping on the door at the Double Tree. The first two days we put up with this terrible whining noise and had no idea wher it was coming from. I thought it was coming from the front door but couldn't really feel anything. Two night ago I got up around 0530 for a nature call and could see light coming in under the front door. So I took a towel and placed it in front of that door and the noise was gone instantly. When we went down to breakfast I told the desk clerks about it and said they would send someone immediately to fix it. By the time we finished breakfast and got to the room --- viola' -- new weather stripping had been installed. Unfortunately it lasted through about four openings of the door and was off again. So --- back went the towel. But  it kept the noise out. We told them about it again this morning as we checked out. Hopefully they will use better stuff before the next people check into that room.

The other detractor has been the wind which has really put a damper on the beachcombing. There were people out there in swim suits and bikinis etc it they weren't in the water. Most of them had beach recliners and wind blocking tents so they could catch the rays. Beyond that --- it has been really nice.

Our hotel we are in now was an old hotel that had been beat to hell by a hurricane a few years back. The guy that owned it was going to just bulldoze it to the ground. The current owner though saw a diamond in the rough, (really rough) and bought it for like a hound red dollars with the stipulation that he want to try to make something out of it but if he couldn't, he would spend the money to have it bulldozed and hauled away. he has turned it into a really charming place surrounded by lots of vegetation and the walls to the facade are covered it's star jasmine and it is just starting to bloom. The smell is heavenly. The ocean is across the street and down a little path between a couple of condos, and it is maybe 500 yards from our room.

Now that you know all of that -- I think it is time for me to put on my shorts and walk over to see it. Have a most blessed day. I already have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment