Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Happy Wednesday. It is a deceptively beautiful morning outside my sunporch this morning. The sun is bright, there isn't a cloud in the sky and there is enough breeze to keep the Corinthian Chimes sending out a melody. It is also 20 degrees!! When I open the door and step out --- these cold slaps me in the face. We had a hard freeze last night and are expecting another tonight. The blooming flowers looked hopeful by yesterday afternoon but today they look sad. I can only imagine what they will look like tomorrow. But there is no use to worry or stew about it. It will be what it will be. God just builds in all sorts of little miracles and designs in the plants and they just might pull through. And if they don't; --- well, I'll just give thanks for the beauty that I got to enjoy from them and wait another year.

I don't have a lot of guests at the buffet this morning. One fat squirrel is out there on a feeder and a cardinal sits over in the firebushes. Last night I through out two loaves of stale bread to the birds. I haven't had a lot of takers yet but I did have two large either ravens or crows come in and tear off a couple of large chunks of bread and fly away with them. I suspect hey will continue to return until they have cleaned it all up. The crows are interesting to watch because they will use their feet to hold the bread down while they tear off pieces to eat. Othe birds will just kind of stab at it or peck at it to get what they want. Most generally, when I throw bread out, it will be the blackbirds and starlings that will come in and clean it up.

Ms. Kate and I got out to Meijer's yesterday and did our grocery shopping. Then we went up to Karen's house and took her some of the oranges and grapefruit that we brought back from Florida. But that was enough running around for a bitter cold day. We stocked up on a bunch of "healthy" supplies. We are putting ourselves on a healthier eating routine after our trip to Florida. I refuse to use the word diet. But, we ate a lot of calories while we were on the road and we need to do better. I can hear the tea kettle whistling on the stove right now which tells me Ms. Kate is making jello. We bought fruit yesterday for that purpose. I love jello; except for green. Green jello is for hospital use. But, jello needs fruit in it or cottage cheese. Yeh, --- that's pretty much the extent of my gourmet cooking.

The buffet is now alive with guests. Cardinals, finches, two varieties of woodpecker, junkos, chickadees, and robins are all here and the squirrel has come back for dessert. It is so peaceful to sit here and watch these things. I can't help but wonder as I look at the difference in the beauty of birds and their colors and mannerisms; and I can only wonder what the true wonder and splendor of heaven will be like. God made all of these creatures beautiful to the extent our human mind can process. What will it be like when we come into our full potential as we once again become spiritual beings. Do you ever stop to ponder thoughts like that??

I pray your day will be blessed and full of the love of God. Share your blessings today and share your love today. Until next time ---- Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment