Thursday, March 30, 2017

It is a warm cloudy Thursday morning and it would appear that the first round of storms we were to get have dissolved and or just passed us by. That's fine by me, I wasn't anxious to have a storm anyway. We are supposed to have another round of more severe stuff this afternoon so I'm hoping to not see the sun peak out today. The more sun, the stronger the atmosphere gets stirred up and the stronger the storm. (Do I sound like a weather person??)

I filled all of the feeders again last evening and this morning the buffet has a lot of guests. The squirrels are feeling frisky this morning for sure. They are high in the trees and are chasing one another around and leaping long distances between branches. And there is frantic tail swishing going on everywhere as they chase one another around and round up and down the poplar trees. They are amusing.

I'm glad to say that the Bluebird is still with us and has been at the buffet this morning. At least one blackbird has been here this morning gathering up pieces of straw and flying away with it. There must be a new nest or two being built somewhere in the local trees. There is one out there at the moment carrying around a leaf as it goes about pecking at other stuff on the ground. I think it is facinating how the birds and animals know how and where to build their nests etc. Every year a robin will build a nest where the downspout meets the house on the north side of the house. It's always made strong with twigs and leaves and straw and mud to hold it all together. God had to have planted that knowledge as instinctive into their DNA. I don't think there was a learning curve of trying this method or that method. And --- they do it every year. They don't "go back to the house" and lay their eggs again in the same nest they used last year. Like I've said many times; God's world fascinates me.

Our cantata practice went very well last night. We basically went straight through it without a lot of hesitation or stops for too many corrections. Bless Marilyn's heart (she's our director), she is worrying that it just won't be right. But I have no doubt that it is going to go very well. We still have a couple of weeks of rehearsal to shine it up. I think it is one of the better cantatas that we have done.

I need to get ready and head out to the hospital to go visit with Georgia Ann. Her health is rapidly declining and she gets weaker every day. If she makes it through the summer, I will be very surprised.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment