Friday, March 24, 2017

It is sixty degrees outside and it is sixty degrees inside here in the sunporch. Not bad at all. The sun is shining bright and I don't see any rain clouds in the sky at the moment, although we are predicted for late night rain and again tomorrow. But, I think it is going to be an enjoyable day outside.

The starling gang is here at the moment, fussing and pecking at one another. They fly in here in flocks of about six or eight and disrupt everything out there with all of their nasty antics. The blue jay was just here and took a splash bath. I don't recall a blue jay ever doing more than drinking from the bird bath. But it splashed water all over the patio. And, it just keeps coming back again and again. It looks so silly when it get the top of its head wet because the feathers stick up like it had a Mohawk haircut or something. But, it has probably splashed half of the water out of the bird bath. From what I can tell from here, I need to do a full round of feeder filling this morning. They will be knocking on the door so. Yesterday morning I actually had a squirrrel scratching at the bottom of one of the glass doors. I don't know what it thought it was going to accomplish.

It rained most of the day yesterday but after it quit I got out there and put down the Scott's yard stuff that I needed to. That ought to make stuff grow and hopefully it will crowd out the dandelions and other weeds in the yard. Today I will get the last of those leaves raked up that I've been promising to do. The weather is going to be so nice that I can't waste the day.

The blooms from all of the Bradford Pear trees are falling off rapidly and in turn the trees are leafing out. So far they are about the only trees that are leafing. It won't be long though before the "helicopter" seeds start falling from the Maples and the Tulip poplars  and filling my flowerbeds with tree seeds. Just another thing to try to keep ahead of. I spend a lot of time around here pulling up saplings. I know it is all part of God's plan, I just wish they'd land somewhere else.

It is a wonderfully peaceful morning out here aside from the occasional siren or loud car on the street over the hill. In the distance I hear the trains whistling and it is a pleasurable distant sound. These kind of morning give me pause and I stop and reflect on the goodness and blessings God has provided in my life. I've said it many times, my life is far better than I deserve and I owe it all to the grace of God. I think what makes me the happiest is that I have reached the stage in my life where my needs and wants list has become minimal and my recognized blessings list has become huge. There is a lot of satisfaction in being in that situation and maybe it only comes with our senior years. I think learning to just "sit and see" is in fact a learned behavior. But there is so much to observe about the world that God has created that we can never take it all in.

It is Friday and the end of the "work week" for most folks, or at least it is supposed to be. I hope you've had a great week and I hope that you take the time to attend your local house of worship this weekend and join with other of faith to raise up praise to the Lord God who is responsible for all of thee blessings in yur life. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment