Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy bright and sunny and cool Wednesday morning. The sky is a brilliant blue and the closest thing I see to a cloud is the jet contrails overhead. The buffet is a busy place again this morning. The cardinals crew is here, the finch family has shown up, and there are a couple of wrens that are keeping the place lively. The Starling gang came through and bullied everybody around for about five minutes and then they took off. There is one squirrel sitting on the blue bird house staring at me. I'm going to move that blue bird house today so the squirrels leave it alone or I'll never get the blue birds to nest in it.

We went to Lowes yesterday and bought the yard stuff we needed. I spread the anti-bug and grub stuff in the yard but not the fertilizer /weed preventer. The grass has to be wet to use it so I'm waiting a couple of days and thinking it will rain. I also got the backyard John Deere out of the shed. The battery was really low and it wouldn't start so I had to get my charger and run an extension cord all the way across the yard but I got it started and it did just fine. I didn't get my raking done though that I had planned to do. Maybe today I'll tackle that. And then again --- maybe not.

I went to the movie last night by myself. I don't remember the last time I did that. I think it was probably the last time I was deployed over seas and that would have been twenty years. But, I had asked Ms. Kate if she wanted to go see Beauty and the Beast but she said she had television she wanted to watch. So I went to see Kong; Skull Island because I knew she's never want to go see that one. It was a typical King Kong movie. They haven't changed much since 1945 when the first one came out. At least this time Kong didn't die and he did still save the girl. But it was a lot of CGI and special effects and loud explosions and stuff. It was worth the $9.00 price since that included free popcorn.

Tonight is cantata practice at St. Lucas so we'll be going to that. I think it is coming along pretty well.   It seems we have so many people missing every week that it is hard to get a good pracrice in. But this year it isn't my problem if it isn't ready because I'm not responsible for the service. But, we'll all give it our best and hope it is pleasing the The Lord.

That's about it for this beautiful day. I hope your day is as bright as mine is. I always think a bright sunny day is just a reflection of God's smile. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment