Friday, May 27, 2016

Happy end of another work week! Did you have a good week? Did you take time to stop and smell some flowers or look at a sunset, or sit and watch some birds in your back yard? Did you take time to take stock of the blessings in your life and give thanks to the Good Lord for them? I certainly hope you did some or all of these things, If you didn't ---- I surmise you haven't had a very good week. You might have had a productive week; you might have even made a lot of money this week; ---- but that isn't the same thing is it?

It is another cloudy morning around here. It is 73 degrees and more rain is on the way. My Weather Channel radar shows rain from Mt. Vernon, IL all the way over past St. Louis, MO. It should be here then in about an hour to an hour and a half. I need to mow the grass today but it is too wet and soggy out there at the moment and this rain isn't helping. We still haven't gotten our plants in the ground that we bought. But they still look good. I just don't want to "mud them in". That never seems to work well. Unfortunately, some of our farmers still haven't gotten their corn planted. So, as I lift up my prayers this morning, I lift up prayers that the weather will break for a couple of weeks and they can get their work done.

Today Ms. Kate and I have to go for our optometry appointments. It's an annual thing and shouldn't amount to much beyond having our eyes dilated.  He will tell us that our cataracts are slowly progressing but I don't think they will have gotten to the point of worrying about them. And, I think my glasses are still good enough. Ms. Kate went in about three months and had them prescribe some glasses for her computer work. I may consider that. I notice that I have to sit differently at my computer these days to line up the bifocals. She was getting headaches and a sore neck from having to do that. I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Great news! Ms. Kate found her missing documents; her Military ID and Medicare card. And yes, they were still in one of the purses that she had changed out of. I'm glad she found them. It wasn't the hassle of replacing them that concerned me; it was the fact that in an emergency, I might need proof of insurance coverage for her and wouldn't  have it.

I have some satisfied woodpeckers and other critters this morning because I filled up some suet feeders and the bark butter sticks. I do need to get out and fill the sunflower seed feeders again. I laugh at the squirrels; they will climb up on a feeder, find it empty and turn and look to the house. Ten minutes later they will do the same thing and look at me again as if to say; "You do realize these are empty, right??" Ahh well; some days it sucks to be a squirrel.

Time for me to drop off and reade my devotions for the morning. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It is Meemorial Day weekend. Take a moment and give thought of gratitude to those who have died in order to keep this a free nation. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment