Friday, May 13, 2016

Home again! Home again! How great it is to be home again. Don't get me wrong; I love to travel. I absolutely loved the purpose of the trip; but it is so good to be home again; to sit in my recliner, to look out at my backyard and hear my birds, (even though they are not happy with me), and to be able to walk to my kitchen and pour my coffee wearing just my skivvies if I so desire.

The round trip took us 4444 miles across the country and back. We took a southern route going back and then took I-70 home which cuts right through the middle of the country. We were blessed with good weather all the way except for the last ninety miles where we caught up with some of the rain that has been soaking everything here at home. We ran into snow as we passed through Vail Colorado. It was fantastically beautiful. It was 32 degrees and the snow plows were out doing their job. I was a little concerned that we would run into black ice on the road but we were fortunate. The Lord certainly had us in the palm of His hand because we were either ahead of or behind all of the bad weather that has been plaguing the country these past three weeks. God is good; all the time.

While we were gone we had a contractor come in and work on our flowerbeds in the front of the house. They took out weeds, transplanted plants, and laid down mulch in all of our flowerbeds out there. It looks marvelous. Today I have to get my weed eater out and do some trimming and then mow the lawns as soon as it dries out a little. I also have a few limbs to break up that have come down durning the storms. And --- I better feed the birds. Everything is empty as I suspected it would be. So, that is about twenty feeders to fill today. That will certainly run through my stock of bird feed.

Our next trip is already in the works. Our grandson Matt is supposed to graduate high school on June 12th down in North Carolina. So, we plan to go down for that. That is assuming he actually graduates. The little turd had been wearing his lazy brain and is way behind in homework. But --- it has been a twelve year pattern for him and somehow he always pulls it out. Hopefully he will again this final time and we can all quit saying "Danmn it Matt!" That will leave us with only one grandchild left in high school. That means they are all growing up on us. That's sad.

Let me just take a moment more of your time and again remind you of what a beautiful world God has created and just how marvelous it is to live in this United States of America. If you don't travel, or haven't traveled, I highly recommend that you do, and I don't mean by plane. Get in your car or maybe even take a train, and explore America. Explore your own state or county. Get out and see what God has done. In our multiple travels back and forth across America we have seen unbelievably beautiful sights. We seen wild horses and antelope and buffalo. We traveled through gorges and up and across mountains. And we've met our fellow Americans and you know what? --- For the most part --- we the people of this country are just common, everyday folk, working to take care of our family, loving one another and loving God. Don't let the hate mongers and turn you off to this wonderful country of ours. Get out from in front of your television and go shake hands with your fellow Americans. Share in their blessings and share your blessings with them. Get out there --- have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment