Monday, May 16, 2016

It is Monday, the 16th of May and 54 degrees outside and a breeze that is fixing to blow in some rain. What the heck is up with that? Someone said at church yesterday; "we are actually having a real spring." I guess that is so, but I prefer my spring a little warmer and dryer, thank you very much. But, I'll be like everyone else in a couple of months, wondering when it is going to cool off a bit and bring us some rain. We humans are just never satisfied.

I cleaned out the bird baths last evening and put in fresh water. They had gotten really skanky because of all of the flower petals from the trees falling into them. The robins and the starlings will appreciate it now that they have clean water to bathe in and splash all over the place. I went to Wild Birds and Things on Saturday and bought a bunch of suet and seed cakes for the feeders and a five pound bag of safflower seed for the Cardinal feeder. This morning I need to put all of that out before the rain moves in and I need to refill the bark butter sticks again.

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday and we had a fairly good attendance for the services. Generally we ask people to wear red for the "flame of Pentecost" on Pentecost Sunday. However. Ms. Kate and I were about the only ones who remembered. That is most likely because I've been gone for the past two Sunday's and wasn't here to remind them. Yesterday was also an uncelebrated event with the churches. My 12th anniversary of being the pastor at the two churches passed by.  I never expected to be up there for a dozen years; at best I had secretly hoped to maybe be there for five or maybe ten if I was lucky. God has certainly blessed me.

Robins, robins, robins; I have lots of robins out in the yard this morning. I think that some of them are very young robins because the larger one keeps bringing food and giving it to a couple of the smaller ones. I also have squirrels out there this morning. The cooler weather keeps them on the feeders and they munch all day long. No wonder I have to go to the bird feed store so often. I had to laugh a few minutes ago because a woodpecker had to pull up and abort a landing because it almost landed on a squirrel that was on the feeder it was headed to.

I have several "tasks" to do today not the least of which is to get some writing done. But I also have to get an appointment for my car to be serviced and I should get up on my roof and walk along the edges and blow off the gutter. There are a lot of maple seeds sticking out of them, and there are also several twigs and stuff on the roof from all of the winds we have been having. I have a gutter cover system up there but the seeds get stuck in the holes in it and I end up having to walk along with my leaf blower to clean everything out.

So, I better drop off of here and get started on my chores. I pray you will have a pleasant day and I pray you will feel the presence of God in your life today. I lift up those on my prayer list today and ask for God's intervention in their healing process whether it be a need for physical healing, spiritual healing or simply comfort for your soul. May God bless you fully. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment