Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wow, can you believe it? It is an almost sunny day. There is a layer of clouds but the sun is occasionally breaking through them. It is really nice to see. Now, if it would just warm up a bit more. We're only looking for mid-sixties today but that is still far better than the 50's we have been having.

Today is my oldest grandchild, Joshua's, twenty-ninth birthday. That is so hard to absorb. It seems like only yesterday he was just a little tyke sitting in our kitchen sink and Ms. Kate was letting him play with the spray nozzle. I can still hear her saying, "It's only water Papa, it will wipe up." LOL Yeh, we did dote on that child a bit. Our other grandchildren never really got the chance to spend time with us like Josh did. Julie and Jim would let us have him for a month every year and then spend the next eleven months trying to get him back under control. Amanda and Matt came to spend a week with us a couple of times but that was all and Lauren and Jon have never come to visit us like that. In fact, to Lauren and Jon we were simply known as "Far-away Grandma and Papa". I still find that sad. Now, the grandkids are 29, 20, 18, 18, and 15. Those opportunities are now passed by.

Today we are getting caught upon our laundry and a few other household things before we head up to the churches for the afternoon. It is Wednesday and of course that means it is bulletin running day. I also have a pre-marriage counseling this afternoon and then we have our final choir practice for the season. We are singing this coming Sunday. So, it is going to be a busy afternoon. In the meantime, I also need to get back to the sermon that I started last night. I only got a fourth of it done and haven't gotten to the point yet that I think that I'm trying to make. But, I'm close to getting there.

I have a yard full of birds and squirrels this morning.I think they are all celebrating the sunshine. The first thing I did this morning was to go out and refill the barkbutter feeders. It didn't take two minutes before a couple of starlings were hot on those feeders and were gobbling up the food. It's a good thing I remind myself that starlings are God's creatures too or I would shoot the lot of them. The cardinals have been in and out several times this morning. I have about a dozen that come in consistently. That is why I fill the one feeder with safflower seed. The cardinals and the finches are about all that like that.

With that, I'll jump off of the IPad and go get something useful done. I pray your day will be a pleasant one. Hug the ones you love and maybe take the opportunity to make a new friend if you should get the chance. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment