Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thursday morning????? Who took my Wednesday? Actually, I admit that I know where my Wednesday went. I sat out here in the sunporch yesterday morning and played "Criminal Case" on my IPad for an hour because I had "free energy" to use for an hour. Yes, Bingo Bash and Criminal case are the height of my being a "gamer".

Then it was time to take Ms. Kate for her doctor's appointment, then brunch, then grocery shopping, and then and then, and then. Before you know it, the day is gone. We didn't even get to the churches yesterday to run our bulletins. That is on the list today along with some other stuff that we have to do. Including going to the local National Guard and getting a new ID card for Ms. Kate and going by the Social Security Office and getting Ms. Kate a new Medicare Card. She has misplaced those two items somewhere and is driving herself nuts looking for them. I think that is one of the disadvantages of "switching purses" all the time. For us guys, you put stuff in your billfold and when that billfold rots and falls apart, then you get a new one. Although, when we are going on a trip, I do take things out that are strictly local and I won't need on the trip. But there is a spot that I put that stuff in and then put it all back in my billfold when I get home. Ms. Kate says she knows she had those two things with her during our trip and she hasn't needed to show them since we got home --- so they must be in this house some place.

I told you Tuesday that we had a problem with one of the freezers. Well, while it was expensive, it wasn't a disaster. We were able to save 75% of the stuff in the freezer including the corn and the peaches that we had put up. We went to our local appliance store and they were really great. We found a freezer that would do  and they pulled a guy off of the floor and another guy from their other store and made sure they got it out to us Tuesday afternoon, and they hauled away the old one. We barely had time to get home and empty the old one before they were there with the new one. If you are local to me and in need of some appliance, "Wayne's Appliances" gets our recommendation and a guy named Kent is the guy to work with.

My birdfeeders are empty or mostly empty. All of the suet cakes, the bark butter, and the bark butter bits are gone. Most of the sunflower seed feeders are empty too. Just one more job to add to the list. I have several robins and cardinals here this morning. It's always a pleasure sitting here watching them. The sun glistening off of the brilliant red feathers is a gentle reminder that it is time to stop and give thanks once again for a life full of blessings. Have a most wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment