Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A happy Tuesday to you. It is another beautiful morning although I can see that the high clouds are starting to move in. They are supposed to carry rain with them later in the day and evening and that will allegedly be the start of rain and storms and showers etc for the remainder of the week.

The day is starting off in a crappy way. Our freezer downstairs is having problems and it is full of food. I don't know if it is out of freon or if the seal has completely broken down. Most everything in it is either melted or on the way to melted. Yes, --- the stuff is replaceable but there are a lot of frozen peaches and corn in there that we absolutely do not want to lose. We put in a lot of work putting that stuff up. The seal on the freezer has never been good but seeing a large and growing puddle in front of the freezer is never a sign that things are going to end up well. I've already thrown out several melted and leaking bags of bluberries and mixed berries. Regardless of whether the freezer is salvageable or not --- I have a mess to clean up.

I got my new mailbox installed yesterday afternoon and evening. It only took two hours and nine tools to do a twenty minute -- two tool job. Home workmanship at its finest!! But it looks nice and really needed to be replaced. The door was falling off of the old one.

I'm currently sitting at Orthopedic Associates while Ms. Kate has an appointment to have her hand worked on. Her one hand won't close anymore so she's hoping they will give her another shot in it. She that done a year ago and it helped tremendously. I'm praying it will give her the relief that she needs.

If we get done fooling around with the freezer today, maybe we will have time to get some plants in the ground. Although, I'm not sure that we shouldn't wait until after the storms are done with so they don't get a chance to get beat up. We'll see what the day brings. I know the day is going to bring me to Denny's for breakfast on the way home. Sometimes I just don't plan much beyond my next meal. LOL

I only had a few moments in the sunporch this morning. But it was long enough to see that I also need to fill up bird feeders again. And I got to sit and watch the folks out there working on the sewer line in Ms. Margaret's yard. They were cleaning out root balls.

Ms. Kate is done and I reckon I am too. C' Ya' tomorrow. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Not the BERRIESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry your freezer is pooping out on you!

    ReplyDelete