Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happy Thursday! Just a week ago, Ms. Kate and I were waking up in our Comfort Inn in Independence, MO and we're heading out for the final leg of our vacation. It has been a busy "catch up" week.

It is a beautiful and breezy 62 degree morning. The sun is shining brightly for the first time this week. I think we are supposed to reach a temperature in the low 70's today. I'm hoping the ground dries out enough to mow the lawns. I also hope the breeze dies down just a bit because I need to spray for poison ivy in several places around here and I don't want the spray to be going on the other plants. One of the places we have it is in the black raspberry plants. They are putting on very well and I don't want to get poison ivy while I'm picking them.

I can't believe the danged starlings have almost stripped the bark butter feeders again. I see that there are several feeders that need filling again out there so I reckon I'll do that while I'm outside today too. I also want to move these flowerpots out of the sunroom to outside for the summer. It's time to do that  and it will give us a little more sitting room here in the sunporch. I am so glad we decided to add this sunporch on to the house back in 2005. I can't help but always think how much my Ms. Kate's mom would have have loved sitting out here watching the birds with me. She was an avid bird watcher too and I used to try to keep her feeders filled for her. We owe our thanks to her that we have this because we used the money we inherited from her to build it. So, I just figure mom sits with me everyday as I'm out here. It is a good feeling. She was a wonderful lady.

I have six or eight downy woodpeckers here this morning. They are having to eat from the suet cakes since the bark butter is gone. I just don't normally have that many downys around here at one time. The robins are here again too for their morning bath. I'll have to fill the birdbaths again later too. They have splashed out a lot of the water.

I guess with all I need to do, or at least keep putting on my list for today, I better get out of my chair. My CD is done playing although that is easy to start again or change albums since I'm just playing it through Bluetooth from my IPod. I do like to start my morning out with some southern gospel  and or some Andre' Reiu. It sit the mood for my morning devotion. But, it is time now to get busy . I pray you will have a great day full of sunshine and God's love. Until next time --- Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment