Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Robins!! We have robins this morning to go along with our 48 degrees and sunshine. There were only a couple here but we haven't had robins here for about three months, or late spring. So maybe they are beginning to migrate back through. I haven't checked the holly trees to see if they are full of berries or not. One a year the robins flock in by the hundreds and strip all of the berries off of the holly trees. It is not only amazing to watch, but they leave a heck of a poop mess everywhere. They generally stay a couple of days and then move on. So, I don't know if this is an advance party to the migration or if they are going to stick around. We'll see what happens.

Yesterday was Byron's funeral. It was well done by the minister of the church in which he was raised; then he was buried at the cemetery down the road from the church. The cemetery sits on a hillside, --  and from his grave point, you can see the house in which he was raised. So, his body has come home and his soul has gone home; very fitting. I was honored to do the commital at graveside. Now, -- that  chapter is done; it is time to turn the page. Life's story for each of us is not yet over. But to find out how it ends, we must move on. Our memories are how we can go back and read favorite passages again.

I am reading a new Wm. Paul Young book called "Eve". You may remember that he is the author of "The Shack" that caame out a few years ago. "Eve" is a fictional novel as was his other books, but it is as enthralling as the last one. I'm not sure where it is leading me but it has certainly drawn me in. While "The Shack" dealt with the concepts of the Holy Trinity and God's grace and forgiveness in a totally new and fictional way, --- "Eve" is dealing with God's creation of the worls and mankind in a whole new and fictional way. I'm half way through it and it is one of those "hard to put down" books.

Back to the more mundane issues of life; today is laundry day, rake and mulch some leaves day, and transplant iris and more peonies day. Then this evening we'll go to choir practice. Yep, the vacation that wasn't ---- is now over. I'm going to put my bagger on my little lawn mower today when I mulch up the leaves. I emptied my compost bin the other day and need to start putting new stuff in the barrel. That thing really works well and it is amazing how table scraps and leaves and vegatables peelings transform into dirt. It might not be way up there on God's list of wonders; it it is still amazing to me.

My coffee cup is empty, my morning devotional has been read, my silly Facebook games has been played and I'm caught up on the happenings of the world and my family through Facebook chat and messenger. The only thing left is another cup of coffee and some quiet contemplation and prayer. Please know that you, where ever you are, and whoever you are, are included in those prayers. I pray you will have a blessed day; and I pray you will experience the love and grace of Jesus in your life. Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment