Tuesday, October 20, 2015

It is a much warmer morning that greets me today. The temperature is 57 degrees and will hit the 70's today. That's fall in southern Indiana. It's a breezy morning though. There aren't a lot of my bird friends out there this morning. One lone fuzzy tail hangs from a bird feeder as a squirrel has breakfast. I filled all of the feeders again yesterday and it dawned on me that this was only the second time since we got home from vacation three weeks ago that I have had to fill them, and they were not really all that empty. With harvest season going on, there are plenty of place for them to eat. And, the fact that the grackles and the blackbirds haven't been around has helped the feeders stay relatively full. I haven't had any robins in a couple of days either; but then they never eat from feeders. Nor have there been that many squirrels around. But, everything will be back in full force as soon as it starts to remain cold.

My yard looks pretty good this morning. I did my raking and mulching yesterday. I filled my compost barrel with mowed up leaves. It won't take long and they will disolve into a fraction of what I put in there. I just keep throwing in the scraps  and it all breaks down.

I broke way from my blog for awhile to try to scout out some cabins somewhere for our next vacation. We know we could go to the Gatlingburg area and find a place very easily. However, it can get a bit more dicey when one thinks cabins in the woods and mountain areas during December in the mid-west. So, the search is on. We aren't hard to please and all we are really looking for is a quiet place to relax --- that isn't my sun porch. Last year we found such a place over in the Lancaster PA area and even though it rained most of the time, the fireplace was cozy and we enjoyed just being there. There is a place that is close to Julie's home that we really liked. I wish it were pet friendly so Julie and Jim could maybe sneak over for a couple of nights.

I got some good work done last evening but still have a lot to do. I completed some worship services but now I need to do some sermon writing. Thank goodness I don't have to rush doing them and working on two and three weeks out. That give the thoughts a chance to swirl around in my old brain and maybe come out so they are comprehensible. I sometimes feel as if I'm just saying the same thing over and over and perhaps I am. But, on the other hand, the message is pretty simple; love God, love your neighbor as yourself, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and accept him as your Savior.  wonder what people would think if some Sunday I got up in the pulpit, said those four things, wished them a blessed week and said we're done. That would be an interesting experiment.

I've been in this chair too long and I need to get busy doing something else. I pray you will have a wonderful rest of your day and will take the opportunity to get in touch with God. It's a great thing to do. Peaee.

No comments:

Post a Comment