Friday, October 16, 2015

One lone robin was here this morning again. However, we have sevral Cardinals enjoying breakfast ttoday again. I came out around 0700 and there was a danged cat in the yard again, obviously waiting for one of my birds to make a fatal mistake.. It took off as soon as it saw me come out to the sun porch. This is a second cat, a young calico. It has been the receipient of a BB or two in the past which might explain why it took off when it saw me. We've never had a problem with stray animals until recently and I don't like it. One thing though is that we've never had any stray dogs running the neighborhood. Of course, my back yard is fenced so they wouldn't be in here anyway. But most people in this subdivision are very good about walking their dogs and also picking up after them. And, bless Julie and Jim's heart, they do poop patrol before they leave when they come over and bing the Barkingtons.

I had a delicious piece of apple pie for breakfast again this morning. The first pie Ms. kate made is gone already. I post a lot about Ms. Kate's pie baking on Facebook and my "friends" must think I eat pie every day of my life. The reality is that Ms. Kate basically makes pies twice a year; peach season and apple season. Well, and of course at Thanksgiving and Christmas she might spring out a pumpkin pie. The rest of the year if I want a piee of pie, I'll get it with a meal that we eat out. Then, I generally will get a piece of coconut merengue. We have some good pie making eateries around here and that can't be said for a lot of the places we have lived. But --- I'll take a piece of pie over cake any day of the week. Cake is generally just a crust to put under a couple of scoops of ice cream.

We finished filling the new flower bed yesterday. Today I need to go to Lowes and pick up a couple of large bags of mulch and put that down. Or maybe, I'll wait for Jim to bring my truck back and go to the co-op and get a scoop from there. We have put in a lot of hard work this week so I think we will just take it easy for the most part today. I need to practice my horn solo and I also need to practice my  solo part of the choral anthem for this Sunday. I'm about three fourths of the way through my novel that I'm reading and I want to maybe finish that today too. Admittedly I'm a slow reader. Julie would have read three books in the time it has taken me to read this much. But -- when I read; I devour. I can put the book down and leave it for as long as I want and pick it back up and know exactly what was happening when I put it down. But as I said yesterday, this book has me hooked and I want to get to the end. I think I know by now where it will lead me but I have to find out if I am right. Fictional theology is a tricky genre to ingest. I was hoping it might make a good book for a Bible study/book discussion at the church; but I don't think most of our folks would like it or even understand it. I'm having a little trouble with it and I like this kind of stuff. I'm going to ask one of our ladies at chuch to read it. She led our last Bible study/book discussion and it was on "The Shack".  I value her input and she is a wonderful teacher.

My coffee is done; my pie is gone, and the birds have flown off for now. Time for me to get busy. I hope your day is filled with blessings. Well, I already know it will be --- I just pray that you will take the time to stop and notice them and enjoy them. God is good and the Holy Spirit will be with you regardless what kind of day you might think you are having. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment