Saturday, October 17, 2015

And a happy sunny Saturday to you. It is 48* outside with a bit of a breeze. I was out a minute or two ago to clean the leaves out of the birdbaths and to add a gallon of water to one of them. That water that is already in the bird bath is cold!! And yet, the robins are here this morning and one would think it was a water park or "Splash City" for them as they jump in the water and take their baths this morning.  Well, it is Saturday after all.

God has presented us with another day of beauty as the sun slowly creeps over the roof of my house and lights up the back yard.  It would appear we had our first light frost last night bcause I see patches of frost over on Ms. Margret's roof. The sun hasn't hit her roof yet because of the trees blocking it. I expect it won't be long and the sun will top the trees and that frost will be gone. Our high tempeerature today is only going to 57 degrees. That is definitely jacket and sweatshirt weather, espeecially with a breeze. Our weather guy said we have seen our last eighty degree day for the year although some upper seventies aren't yet out of the question. That is typical fall in our region. He also said the National Weather Forecasters predict that we wil have a warmer and dryer winter this year. That is exactly the opposite of what the Farmer's Almanac says. I reckon whoever God has put in charge of the weather will decide. I just hope it isn't somebodies wild and crazy Uncle Guido. We'll get what ever we get and deal with it.

I don't know that we have anything specific on our schedule today. Tomorrow of course will be a busy day as we get back into the normal schedules we keep. I'll do two church services, followed by a church council meeting and then lunch. Then we'll come home, do our Sunday nap and then I'll get busy working on planning services for November. I could do that today but I'm determined to take this last day off from working unless some member of the parish needs me for somethng today. Next week will be busy as I have a two day class on Suicide Prevention with the local Hospital/Clergy group at Deaconess Hospital.

It is a "no smiley face" day for Julie. Her best friend has been down from New England for this week and has to head home today. She is a really nice person and she and Julie totally compliment each other. I'm glad Julie has a friend  like her. I think everyone should have that one best friend and yet I'd be hard pressed to name one for myself beyond Ms. Kate. I know a lot of people and yes, I have a lot of friends whom I love and am loved by; --- but having that one "best friend" or BFF as they call it, I don't think so. I think that makes me a bit sad.

My prayers go out this morning for some specific members of my parish who have had recent surgeries and hospital stays. I've watched as a couple of them who are older than me have really slowd down and just don't look healthy. I pray they don't let the winter get to them as so often happens to the elderly. I also lift up my sister who should be heading back to work come Monday. This should be her first day back to "normal" expectations and life since Byron's death. I expect she will immerse herself in her job in order to delay the the full on set of loss. Her grieving process began months ago, as it did for all of us, when he was first diagnosed with the cancer. I pray God will comfort her and the kids too.

Time for me to pour a second cup of coffee and sit and watch the robins and the cardinals challenge each other for the water in the bird bath. I pray you will have a most blessed weekend. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment