Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A very good morning to the world this morning! Gosh, it's beautiful out again this morning, although I'm a bit fuzzy brained and bleary eyed yet. Per my usual habit, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen and turned on the coffee pot; put creamer in Ms. Kate's cup and waited for the pot to finish. The pot signaled ready and I poured a cup and headed to the sun porch and was just about there when I realized I had poured Ms. Kate's coffee cup full instead of pouring my cup of black coffee. So, back to the kitchen, poured her coffee in a thermal cup to keep it warm until she got up and then poured my coffee. That's how it is when actions become creature habits and automatic. But here I am, with no danger of creamed coffee crossing my lips. I shudder at the thought.

Ms. Kate and I sat up and watched back to back episodes of Survivor last night until a little after 0100 hrs. We've been having trouble with our cable. The picture stops and then starts again; it comes in all pixilated and the On Demand feature actually says we are in "time out". So, stuff that we have recorded on the DVR has just been terrible to try to watch. I called Time Warner yesterday and they have allegedly "fixed the error", But we still have already recorded programs to watch and catch up on from vacation. The On Demand feature still didn't work properly yet last night so I may be calling them again today. I find it amazing that I can call them --- where ever they might be and they can flip switches and do key strokes at their end and it fixes stuff on my cable box.

Neighbor Dan and his wife got home froom California last night. I picked them up at the airport around 2200 last night. They have been gone for forty days to visit her family in CA. They do this every year. I would go nuts being gone that long. I get too paranoid about what might have gone wrong with the house. My folks used to be "snow birds" to the Phoenix, AZ area for six months out of every year. She loved it; him, not so much because I think he got a bit claustrophobic in their small trailer. I couldn't even consider asking someone to look after my house that long. One of my long time friends and his wife just bought a motor home and they are taking a year and just going where ever they go. That sounds wonderful, but I'm more tied to "my stuff" than I want to be, and besides --- some of us gotta work. But, it is good to have Dan back across the street. It's good to have someone to stand in the middle of the street with and solve all of the world's problems.

My coffee cup is empty and it is time for me to stop watching my robins and cardinals and squirrels and get on with today's list of chores. It's Wednesday and that means spending a few hours at the churches and choir practice this evening. I pray your day will be filled with love. My sister goes back to work today for the first time since the funeral and I hope she has a good "first day" for that routine.  No matter what you are doing today --- never forget that God walks with you through the Holy Spirit. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment