Friday, October 30, 2015

I can't tell; is it partially sunny or is it partially cloudy? But, because I like to look at the bright side of life, I'll take the sunny side. It is 41 degrees regardless of what you might want to call it. The weatherman was talking frost last night but I saw no evidence of it this morning.

The cardinals are looking fat this morning as they puff themselves up against the cool wind. I have lots of activity this morning. I filled all of the feeders yesterday and they have taken a pretty good hit already. I went to Wild Birds yesterday and replenished my peanut, bark butter bits, and safflower supplies. I actually got out of there for under $40.00 which is extremely rare. It pays to stick to the list and not wander around the store "for whatever else" I might need. It looks like I might have to refill the barkbutter paste feeder again today though. I was happy to see a big ol' Pilated Woodpecker yesterday up in the redbud tree at the edge of the yard.  It obviously was getting what it needed there because it didn't come down to the feeders.

Julie made it home safely from her trip around midnight last night. We give God thanks for her safe travels. She had a conference in Cleveland Ohio which is a long drive from Louisville, KY. But, had she flown, it would have taken her just as long because she would have had to fly south to Charlotte, NC in order to get north to Cleveland. Yeh, it sounds dumb, but that is how it is. So, she picked up another store manager on the way in Richmond, IN and that way she at least had a travel buddy to keep her awake.

I got the John Deere out yesterday and mulched up the leaves in my front yard and then went over to neighbor Dan's yard and did his. My back yard will get done today. We're to have rain both Saturday and Sunday so I want to get this batch mulched up before the rain makes them soggy and brings more down on them. I thought my poplars were about done but boy, the one is only about half done. There are a lot of leaves up there yet to fall. So, this will be a mulch, -- repeat, process for a few weeks yet. The three big Maples that surround my property have yet begun to really drop much either, and a lot of those will be mine to clean up. I sure with I could get my JD in my back yard. It would be a lot easier.

Ms. Kate and I haven't had time to discuss any plans for today yet but it is Friday and that is my day off. At the moment, we haven't gotten past coffee time. So it is time to finsh my coffee and have a chat and see what the day holds. In the mean time, I wish you a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment