Wednesday, October 28, 2015

It isn't raining at the moment but looks like it could any moment. I don't really know how much rain we had because the "official" report said two to four inches and I had seven inches in my rain guage, but the guage was dry before this started. I do know the ground is pretty waterlogged.

Mr. Squirrel is frustrated this morning because most of the feeders it can rob are empty. That's what it gets for being a pig-a-saures yesterday and eating it all. I have no pity. It is out there looking for sunflowers seeds on the ground and having to eat soggy ones it can scratch up. Poor thing; maybe a hawk will swoop down and take it away and put it out of its misery. I did go out and replenish the bark butter paste for the woodpeckers though this morning. I keep that here in the sun room and the feeders are basically two steps out the door. It didn't take the woodpeckers long to discover that the feeders were full again. I've had both downy and ladderback woodpeckers here already.

The leaves are falling like snow today due to being wet and there is a fairly steady breeze. Hopefully tomorrow it will dry out some and I can clean it all up again. There are six large trees that surround my yard on the neighbors properties and I have my two large poplars. So, I get a lot of leaves in my back yard. That doesn't include the row of twenty foot high fire bushes that line my south fence line back here. But, while it does cause me a little extra work, they also keep my house cool with all the shade and provide a marvelous sanctuary for my birds. So --- no complaints here.

It is Wednesday and of course that means an afternoon at the churches, visitation, and choir practice. We also have to do a little banking and we need to go to Princeton and check with a lady that we are going to have re-upholster a couple of chairs. We picked out the fabric back in June and she said at the time that she couldn't get to us before October or November. So, we need to check with her and see where we are on her list. I guess we could call her except we only know where she is located and not her phone number. We aren't very smart about some things. So, we'll drive up. I have to go right  by her shop for my visitation anyway.

I did get my sermon done that I was working on yesterday and took time to practice on my trumpet. The rest of the day I just enjoyed a lazy rainy day. So far today I've had a cup of coffee, and sat here inmy recliner. I listened to a great UTube sermon from Max Lucado and read my scripture, and offered up my praise to the Lord for yet another day on this world. I call that a successful start to my day. I hope your day goes well. I give thanks to God that Julie made it safely to Cleveland despite the rain and crappy traffic, and pray her journey back home will be even better. Take time today to give thanks to your creator for your bounty of blessings. Reach out, take the hand of the Holy Spirit and walk on towards tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment