Saturday, October 24, 2015

Good morning and a happy Saturday morning. I'm back after two days of a great class. It was called ASIST; (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), and was held locally at Deaconess Hospital. We had 33 people in the class and the interaction from the class was really good. If any of you reading this ever get the chance to take this class, I highly recommend you do so. Our class was mostly educators, nursing students, social workers, and clergy; but it is a class that anyone can use. I'm sure you could look it up on line and find a location near you that might be sponsoring it.

My yard has filled up with leaves again although the amout is getting less after each time I rake and mulch them. We are supposed to get rain today, and tonight and that will bring down a lot more. While most of my leaves are about done falling from the trees, the fall foliage is really starting to be beautiful around the area. I heard it is supposed to peak in this area next weekend.

I have robins again this morning. They were up on the bird bath which is full of leaves and water. I wondered if they were going to try to bathe in that water and leaves or just drink. They just drank and looked around  as if they were wondering why I haven't cleaned it out for them. Some times, I'm not a very good host. Heaven forbid that I wouldn't rush to insure the comfort of the robins and other birds. This is the sanctuary for the spoiled ya' know.

I haven't heard any news yet this morning and so I don't know how things are going down in Mexico with the hurricane. I know it hit land last night at 200 mph and is the worst hurricane ever recorded in this hemisphere. That has to be terribly frightening. I lift up my prayers for the people of Mexico and south Texas as well because that is where it is headed next. We are supposed to get just minor outflow from the wind and rain mid week next week. The news was all about all of the US Citizens that were caught up in the storm and how bad it was for them. And while I am concerned for their safety --- they paid to be there instead of vacationing at home. The 20 million Mexicans in the path of this storm stand to lose everything and will be years re-building. I pray no lives are lost, although that is a lot to pray for given the severity of this storm.

Sneaky Calico Cat was here again this morning when I came out to the sun porch. It quickly went running off as soon as it saw me. That was probably in the best interest of its rear end. My BB gun sits right by the door. I haven't seen Yellow Cat yet today.

We have Halloween parties tonight and tomorrow night at the two chuches. Ms. Kate is going to make  something to take tonight, a dessert and soup was the suggestions for tonight. One of the fellows is tasked to bring the brats. I don't know what is planned to take tomorow night. I do know that whatever is there is at either church is going to be good. Church lady cooking is just hard to beat.

It is time to get busy on today's list of chores. The wind is picking up as our rain and showers move this way. It shsould provide a good watering for the plants that we put in recently, so, I say thank you to the Lord who provides all things.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment