Thursday, October 22, 2015

Good Thursday evening. This will probably be my Thursday and Friday blog. I'm attending an all day class again tomorrow so there is no sun porch time. It is a really good class and is on Suicide prevention and recognition. We have twenty eight people in the class and three of us are United Church of Christ ministers. The fourth minister in the class is a Catholic Priest. There was really good  discussion today and there were people with all levels of experience with suicide. Some of us have had people who work for us commit suicide but more than half of the class have had either friends or relatives that have "suicided". That's the term being used instead of saying someone committed suicide. And at least one of the class members has attempted suicide at some point in their life. So, I'll need to be in class early tomorrow for another full day.

My only view from the sun room tonight is darkness. But today was a beautiful day, oor at least what I saw of it during class breaks. This evening I have watched a little TV, played my computer games and had my supper. That's about it.

Yessterday we went to the churches and ran the bulletins, and then we stayed for choir. We worked on our number for the 22nd of November and also the Christmas cantata. Before choir, Brenda and I went over the song that I'm using for my trumpet solo on the 15th of November. It went really well for a first run through together.

So, I'm now ready to watch the news and head to bed. I pray your Friday will be a blessed as well as your weekend. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment