Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy new week! It is 52 degrees this orning and a partly cloudy, breezy morning that is blowing is some rain for later and then the real rain comes tomorrow and Wednesday. We are expecting a couple of inches between now and Wednesday night. It's all good though.

We had a good weekend, busy -- but good. Each church had a Halloween party for the youngsters and the oldsters as well. The food was good and the kids were all cute in their little Halloween costumes. Ms. Kate made two apple pie this weekend and now there is a half of one left. We also went to Sam's Club yesterday afternoon and picked up a three layered Coconut Cake to take to last night's party. Half of that is sitting in my kitchen. So -- the blood sugars are in danger this week as is the calorie intake. But, besides sweets, we also have a bevy of other party leftovers to eat this week.

Last nght we had the most gorgeous closing sky. It was a scarlet red and the cloud formation to go with it was magnificent. I took a picture of it with my phone and I see that others did too and posted them on Facebook. Even my cousin, 125 miles away, spoke of it on Facebook; it was that spectactular. I think that sometimes we need a reminder that says "I am still God" pasted across the sky for all the world to see.

I spoke Saturday in my blog about the hurricane that hit Mexico and prayed for safety for those in the path of it. God is good, and prayers do get answered. The hurricane hit the coast and baically fell apart. Yes, there was destruction, but so far, I have heard of no deaths associated with this storm. So, I raise my prayers of praise and gratitude this morning. The rain we are getting in the next couple of days is from the outflow of that storm.

This morning we have cardinals, a couple of woodpeckers, some house finches and goldfinches, a couple of sparrows & nut hatches and even one starling all at the backyard buffet. And one fat squirrel sits out there hogging one feeder. Old Calico cat came through and the squirrel fussed at it the entire time. I think that is pretty cool because old squirrel sounds the warning to all of the birds and they stay off of the ground. Cooperate and graduate, as we used to say. I can't tell for sure but it looks like I may have to go fill a couple of the feeders today. Certainly the bark butter paste feeders have been emptied. The robins just came in for their baths so I may have to go fill the bird baths too; although, I just might let the rain fill them back up. I see the junkos are starting to return too. That is a sure sign of fall.

Julie is off to Cincinatti OH this week for a meeting so I pray for safe travels for her. This week is also Halloween week so her days of haunting at the Baxter Avenue Morgue are rapidly coming to a close for another year.  She does love doing that; but she wears her self beyond worn out. So, I'm glad to see the season come to an end for her.

The coffee cup is empty and I need to take the mail to the box so I reckon it is time to sign off for today. I pray your day will be pleasant and that you will recognize all of the blessings that God is laying on you this week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment