Thursday, March 12, 2015

The question this morning was; do I have my coffee first or do I go fill my bird feeders first? I can just picture my former USI Logics professor putting a question like that on a mid-term with a requirement to defend all positions. That was one of my favorite under-graduate courses. But --- to answer the question, I filled the bird feeders first. You see, I love my morning coffee out here in the sunporch. But what makes it especially enjoyable is to sit here and drink my coffee while watching the birds. Empty feeders do not result in attracting birds. Hence, one must fill the feeders in order to attract the birds in order to be able to add enjoyment to the coffee drinking experience. Logic wins, the birds win, I win, and Mr. Spock would be proud.

There is excitement in the back yard this morning. I just had a new grey cat in the yard. I have no idea where it came from but it is a big mean looking thing. I bet it goes at least eight to ten pounds. It was chasing one of the small grey squirrels all the way across the yard and half way up  the tulip poplar tree. The rest of the squirrel were all chittering and raising heck. These new little grey squirrels aren't too bright. One tried to climb a rose bush while ago by jumping up on it.  It didn't work out too well.

I wrote yesterday about the foggy morning and how much I do love foggy mornings. My friend Scott told me last night at choir practice that I might not have enjoyed it as much had I been with him and his son yedterday morning. They were hauling corn in that early morning fog when the visibility was next to nothing. And --- he's absolutely right; I don't like to drive in it. It is another one of those dangers that my farmers face, which is why I say a prayer for a safe planting and harvest season every year for our guys.

I had a large Pilated Woodpecker come in this morning. The grackles and red-wing blackbirds have gone but a few of the starlings remain. The doves, robins, titmouse, gold finches, and cardinals round out the guest list this morning so I'm glad I took time to fill everything.

Unfortunately, it is time I get busy. I think though, first Ms. Kate and I are going to make some blueberry waffles and put a few fresh strawberries and whipped cream on them. That's a plan I can live with.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment