Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It has gotten to be almost 1:00 pm and I'm just getting to the blog today. The rain and pending snow storm for today, tomorrow and Thursday have dictated that we do some other stuff this morning. But the bird feeders are all now filled, we have been to the grocery, and yes, we did need bread, and we we've had lunch. Now I am in the office and writing my blog because it is just a dreary day out there that I don't want to look at. It is almost 60 degrees outside and that makes it hard to fathom that we are supposed to get somewhere between 3 and 8 inches of snow tomorrow, and then bright sunny skies and upper forties  for the weekend. I told someone yesterday that I think Mother Nature is trying to birth a child named "Spring" and the labor isn't going well for her. It is no wonder that almost everyone I know is walking around with a Kleenex in their hand to handle coughing and runny noses.

The snow or predictions of it is already having an impact around the area. I sure won't be going out for visitation this week like I had planned to. And, I've already cancelled choir practice for tomorrow night. I notice that several other churches have already cancelled Wednesday Lenten services etc. too. I reckon that I will be out on the little John Deere later this week cleaning out my drive and the others that I I do. Hopefully there won't be a lot of ice associated with this thing. But --- I have no doubt it is going to be a wet snow which will make it a lot tougher to work with. My JD is a great machine but it does have its limits. It will depend on just how much we get.

The flocks of blackbirds and starlings had just about all moved out to the fields since the snow was gone and now --- it will look like a black rug out there on the snow in the morning. This morning the cardinals were all waiting for me to vacate the yard. There was still a lot of feed out there but there were several empty feeders too. My sunflower seed can is almost empty again which means I need to pick up another 100 pounds of feed and fill the can back up. I think I need to start giving all of the birds a name and start claiming them on my taxes as dependents. I spend almost as much on their groceries as I do on mine.

My prayers go out today as prayers of gratitude for the successful dental work that brother-in-law  Byron had done yesterday. They did the root canal and put on a temporary crown to prevent infection. The biggest problem was that they had to take him off of his cancer medications. I don't know if they have started them back now or not. He has to go back in a couple of weeks to have the permanent crown put on. But, we give thanks that it all went as well as it did.

I also lift up prayers for all of the people across the country that are feeling the effects of this latest winter storm. I pray for their safety, I pray for their patience, and I pray they all will have warm places of shelter and be safe. God is good and spring is coming; it always does.

Have a blessed day and stay worm, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment