Monday, March 9, 2015

It is wonderful to be able to look out the sunporch and see only the remnant piles of snow left from my shoveling the back walk. The rest has melted and it is already 40° this cloudy morning. We have several days of rain and showers in the forecast but not a single mention of a temperature below the freezing mark. Is it possible that spring weather has actually arrived? The dozens and dozens of daffodils I see up through the ground would give testamony to that fact. So, let's not be bashful with our praise to God for the changing of the seasons.

The lack of snow everywhere has changed the complexion of my aviary guests. Only a few of the blackbirds are here this morning as opposed to the flocks of fifty at a time that come in and clean out the feeders when the snow is covering the ground. Oh, there's a half dozen starlings of course. They go wherever they can eat the easiest, and my buffet tables are some of the best around. I have filled my "post feeder" with safflower seed. It is an amish built gazebo looking thing up on a four by four post. I keep being told that the cardinals really like safflower seed but I have never seen evidence of that fact when we have tried it before. But we'll try it again. The squirrels and blackbirds don't like it, so that is a plus.

Mrs. Rabbit is back. Every spring she comes around and starts scoping out the place. About the time the daffodils are in full bloom and the lilies are in good foliage, she will birth another litter of bunnies up under the lilies and I'll have two or three bunnies running around here again. Its predictable and it is such a pleasure to watch them.

We had a good weekend that was uneventful with the exception of our routine stuff. Yesterday we had church, church, a council meeting and then choir practice at the churches. So it was a long day. The choir at St. Lucas sang an anthem yesterday and did a really fine job of it. Now, all the focus is getting the Easter Cantata ready to perform. We are less than four weeks from Easter now. But we will be ready. I consider us to be so lucky that we have a choir and that they are willing to put the hard work in to do a cantata. Many churches don't do that anymore, either for lack of choir members or because it is considered "old fashioned" worship. But what can I say, I'm a traditionalist at heart.

We need to get ourselves ready and go out to visit with my mother and Ms. Kate's aunt. Her aunt hasn't improved any and I don't know that her condition has deteriorated any. She sleeps most of the time, and like so many stroke victims, especially the elderly ones, she is simply "present on earth". What a shame. But, God is in charge and some purpose is being fulfilled, whether we understand it or not. I do pray she will not have to remain in that state very long. I have no doubt it is her worst nightmare.

So, I'll close with prayers for comfort and peace of mind for her. I hope your day is truly blessed and that what ever might be causing you some amount of worry will be relieved through contact with the Lord God.

No comments:

Post a Comment