Monday, March 30, 2015

A beautiful, sunny, 53° morning greets me as I step out into the sunporch this morning. The wind is calm and somewhere over in another yard, a mockingbird is singing it little heart out. Geese are flying overhead and my firebushes are full of cardinals this morning, taking turns flitting back and forth to the feeders. My yard is full of blooming daffodils and the sky is empty of clouds. God did some really divine  work this morning.

The best news is that Ms. Kate is doing really well this morning. Her strength is almost totaliy back and her cough has become some where between tolerable and minimal for her. Thank you God for answered prayers. It really bothered me seeing her that sick and miserable. This thing went a full two and a half weeks. I passed on her thanks for prayers and well wishes to my congregations yesterday but I will echo those here too because several of you who read my blog have also sent well wishes via email and Facebook. Bless each and every one of you for your caring spirit and love.

We are on day two of Holy Week. Yesterday we celebrated the "Triumphal Entry" of Jesus into the city of Jerusalem. Today, at least according to the Gospel of Mark, Jesus goes back into Jerusalem, not on a donkey but rather simply walking as he always did. Today there is no crowd, but Jesus causes quite a stir as he goes to the Temple, and drives out the money changers. The Holy Week story truly intrigues me and gives me all kinds of questions, --- the answers to which will only be conjecture based upon the interpretation of who ever is answering the question. After all, as I have said a hundred times, we only have one book, the Bible, to give us the story, and there is no one new to ask because they were not there. But, --- I love to dig into my faith because the farther out the answers get, the stronger my faith becomes. And the bottom line is; without faith, we have no hope, we have nothing.

My sister is at the doctor's office today having her knee checked out. She fell on the steps at work to what extent, I don't know. Hopefully it isn't too bad, so keep her in your thoughts today. Also today, I'm doing a memorial service for an old family friend who passed away about a month ago. He was my Sunday school teacher and youth leader at one point in my life. He was also a good friend of my parents and a stalwart member of our church. He was good people and a good servant of God.

We have a winderful to dosomething good for somebody.  Let's all take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment