Wednesday, March 25, 2015

It is a grey, 55° morning outside as I sit down in my recliner. The sun is trying to break through, but this is one of those times when it might be better if it didn't. We have rain and storms moving in later tonight and the more sun we see, the stronger the storms will be tonight. (Wow, don't I just sound like I know what I'm talking about?)

Ms. Kate is still down for the count. She's on some prescribed pills now and has been for a full day. I don't know what they are supposed to do exactly, but so far I don't see much change in her. I just keep bringing her things that she needs and fixing the few things she says she wants to eat. Although, that hit a low last night when the only thing that sounded good to her was that "gag-nasty" Dinty Moore stew. Of course we didn't have any in the house; but--- I went to the store and bought a couple of cans. But, I also picked up a Marie Calendars frozen dinner for her, and that was what she ate. We have three full freezers and two over stocked, bulging pantries, and she wanted Dinty Moore stew. I think she's coughed her brains out.

I have a lot if work to do at the church today so I will go up much earlier than normal, especially since I won't have my sidekick with me to help. I have four services worth of bulletins ready to run as well as the extra stuff for a newsletter. But, that will get me through Easter. With Ms. Kate down and company coming in next week for a couple of days, plus a couple of extra services, I also need to pick up the slack around here. So, I'll spend today getting some of the admin stuff done today. Prior planning prevents poor performance!

There aren't many of my outdoor friends here this morning. I have one brown squirrel and one grey squirrel out there and the brown keeps chasing the grey all over the yard. It must be a territory dispute thing. But I have only had a couple of cardinals, a dove or two, three or four junkos and a couple of finches at any of the feeders. I guess they are shopping elsewhere today. And why not--- we change resturants frequently. One thing I have noticed iis that the birds haven't begun usinng my new bird bath I have out there. I put away the electric one for the summer and got out my "summer one" but they are going to one of my other bird baths instead. During the spring through fall months I keep four bird baths full at all times for them.

My prayers go out this morning to lift up a friend who lost her husband yesterday. He has been very ill for a very long time and was well prepared to die. But even at that, the loss is no less felt. So, I ask for God's comfort as they grieve and celebrate his life.

My coffee cup is empty and I need to go in and check on Ms. Kate, although I don't hear her coughing so maybe she is getting some much needed rest.  Say a prayer in her direction today, and I'll be including you in my prayers. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment