Tuesday, March 24, 2015

And a very blessed Tuesday morning to you. It is 36° outside. (Say what???) And, it is cloudy and is upposed to rain on and off for the next three days or so. Temperatures this week are supposed to range from 70° to around 25° so it is no wonder people are sick with this flu/broncitus/pneumonia thing that is confining people to their kleenex box and bed. Ms. Kate has hardly been out of the bedroom for a solid week now and her cough doesn't appear to be any better. She finally started on some doctor prescribed stuff yesterday but had another bad night last night. The coughing keeps her awake and sore. By now she is physically drained.

I missed writing to you yesterday and my day didn't seem quite complete. But, I got in a really good day of work out in the yard. All of the front flowerbeds are now raked and the winter leaves and stuff have been cleaned out of them. I spent the best part of seven hours out there. With any luck, I will get the fertilizer spread today and maybe even the grub killer. I also need to spread epsom salts on the flower beds that Ms. Kate tells me to. Some of that stuff, I have to rely on her for; I'm just "day labor". Given time and good weather, I have at least two full days worth of work to do in the flowerbeds yet.

We were blessed with a visit from Julie & Jim and the pupperonis this past weekend. It has been since Christmas that we saw them last. They have both had this same stuff Ms. Kate has and with Julie and her RA it really kicks her tail. Between running the college bookstore through semester change and being sick and having RA, she is a tired kiddo.

I had a chance to talk to my brother-in-law Byron yesterday. His cancer numbers are still under 100 and they are hoping that the new medicine will help and getting back on the infusions in three more weeks will be a positive step too. Other than a constant tiredness he says he doesn't feel too bad.

As I consider just these three loved ones in my family it would be very easy to say things are going to hell in a hand basket. But the reality is that "life" is simply happening. Many months ago I asked God to give quality of life for Byron for as long as possible, and that prayer is answered on a daily basis. His laugh and love of life still rings through and he is determined to live long enough that his children and grandchildren will never forget their days and times spent with their grandpa. Several years ago, I prayed that Julie's RA would progress slowly so that she could enjoy her life to the maximum extent possible; and that prayer continues to be honored. Today she flies off to Florida for a business trip. Will she need to take her cane; yes. Will her back and joints hurt like the dickens; yes. But she's still not in need of a wheelchair. And, --- her infectuous smile and positive attitude will light up every room she enters. I know Ms. Kate will get over this thing she has too. I just need to put on my patience britches and let God do God's work on God's time. In the mean time, I will begin my morning with prayers of gratitude for a God that loves us and cares for us and walks with us through the good times and less good times.

Besides, I have a yard full of blooming daffodils and each one of them is a smile from God. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment