Saturday, March 28, 2015

It is a beautiful 26° (wait, -- what???) morning. The sun is shining brightly and the cardinal is wondering why his bird bath is an ice rink this morning. Looks like I may have been premature putting away the electric one. Tonight will be no better. Winter still had one last gasp in it. Its kind of like the end of a horror thriller when you think "the thing" is finally dead; and suddenly an arm shoots up into the air, --- and your popcorn does too! Parts of the Tri-state even had snow flurries yesterday. However, as you may recall, --- several weeks ago I did ask if anybody was taking bets on snow for Easter; --- and Easter is now eight days away. I recall many years ago (1978)  that the Easter Bunny laid its eggs in our yard on Whiteman Air Force Base, MO, only to wake up early and see only a blanket of snow. I pray that's not going to be the case this year.

Speaking of the "Easter Bunny", I told you yesterday that Mrs. Rabbit was spending time in my yard and had passed by my sunporch here several times. Well, I was out filling all of my bird feeders yesterday and found where she has dug her nest, right up next to the house, behind my grill. I think she is even using dryer lint to help line the nest because the dryer vents at that location too. Its pretty awesome, I think. She get nest ling and ground warmth when we run the dryer.  Of course, that may be a "decoy nest" because she also hangs out around the yard barn and that totally protects her from predators. That is where she is hanging out this morning. Every year she has dropped a litter somewhere around here and I'll have a few baby bunnies peering in the doors at me. It just brightens my day when that happens.

Ms. Kate had another rough night with this cough thing that she has. She just doesn't seem to be able to shake it. I know she's some better because she goes longer periods between coughing fits, and she is up and doing more things around the house; but, the cough seems to be as intense. The lack of sleep and rest drags her down just like it would anybody. But, because I'm a loving husband, I went out and bought her four pounds of Jelly Bellies yesterday. That will help cure her for sure!!!

While at the grocery store I also picked up a package of bagels. I like the "Everything" variety slathered with Philly Cream Cheese. But --- here is your ponder question for the day if you have nothing else to think about. How come bagel makers don't slice the bagel all the way through? They slice part way through on one side and they slice part way through on the other side. So, when you take one out of the package, you still have to get a knife and finish slicing the bagel. What's up with that??

It is time to ponder the little world in which I exist and offer up my prayers of gratitude for this treasure of blessings that surround me today. I hope your weekend is full of joy and the love and power of the Holy Spirit. Give an hour of your time to God tomorrow in your favorite house of worship. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment