Saturday, March 14, 2015

And once again it is Saturday! Hello Week End, it is good to see you this morning. It was still sprinkling when I took the mail out to the box but now has stopped. I'm glad of that. That was almost 24 hours of drizzle, sprinkles, rain, a bit of thunder, and more rain. Frankly, in my opinion we didn't need a drop of it. But, it should have washed away the last remnants of the snow from last weekend and hopefully the last remnants of winter.

The joyful news this morning is that the pussy willow is blooming and my sister-in-law, Karen, even has picked some daffodils from her yard. And, --- this morning I actually had a pair of Pilated Woodpecker at my feeders. I don't recall ever seeing a pair of them anywhere. So that is an exciting prospect that they may have a nest around here somewhere and we could end up with more; assuming of course they were male and female and not just a couple of "buddies".

I was sitting here thinking about how our habits and routines change over the years as we grow older and kids move away from home, and interests change. Back years ago when the girls were little, we would be up on Saturday morning watching tv together with such exciting shows like Saturday morning wrestling with guys like Hulk Hogan and Superfly Jimmy Snooka and Gene Okerman narrating. We'd watch Thundar the Barbarian and Scooby Doo cartoons and others too as the girls sat around in their pajammas and or snuggling up on the couch. At some point after the girls were gone, we started watching Saturday morning "build it/ fix it" shows with people like JoAnn Liebler and Dean somebody. I only remember her because she was the first ever female featured on a show teaching us how to build stuff. Then HGTV came along and that genre exploded and I watched people destroy and rebuild yards, and rooms, and bathrooms all in three days and for $10, 000.00. But these days, --- I sit in the sunporch, enjoy the peace and quiet, and watch all my backyard friends. But --- as much as I enjoy the peace and quiet of these days; I do miss the "noisy, chaotic, snuggle days" from long ago.

Mr. Red, my beautiful cardinal is here again this morning providing a great splah of color on this otherwise dull morning. And, I have had five varieties of woodpeckers this morning. For a changee the starlings aren't here gobbling up the bark butter and suet so the woodpeckers can get to their favorite food. Mrs. Rabbit is here again this morning too. God has blessed me with yet another wonderful morning and I must now take time and give God thanks for all I see.  I hope you have time to sit and look out your window today or better yet, I hope you can go out and breathe in some of God's wonderful world. Then, take the time to give praise for all you see and experience. God is good, all the time. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment