Wednesday, March 18, 2015

It is a cooler morning for the first time in several glorious days. It isn't "cold" by any means, just cooler at 43°. The air is a bit more still this morning so it doesn't seem as cold as it could.

Happy Wednesday to you. I assume you made it through your St. Patrick's Day celebrations in a fine style. Ms. Kate fixed corned beef and cabbage and boiled potatoes. Her sister Karen came over and joined us for supper. It was her first time eating corned beef. She says she will come celebrate next year too.

It isn't a good morning for Ms. Kate. She has come down with a cough and constant sinus drippage and is miserable with chills and upset tummy. We initially thought it might be allergies from working out in the yard but I fear it is more than that. Bless her heart, there isn't much I can do to help her except bring her what ever she might need and let her rest. I pray it is just a temporary 24 hour type of bug. I know how it can wear you out when you have one of these things. Just the coughing makes you sore and miserable.

My day needs to be a busy one. I have a funeral to attend first thing today. Then I need to go to the churches this afternoon to do some work and this evening is choir practice. I also need to finish a sermon that I am working on. It is all just run of the mill Wednesday stuff.

It is a grey day and the clouds are supposed to move in later and then rain tonight and on and off tomorrow. I 'd prefer it didn't rain because the ground really needs to dry out some. Yesterday was the day to plant potatoes, but the ground is just too wet. We would have had to "mud them in" to plant them. We generally don't plant any anyway, but I just know that they are supposed to be planted on St. Patty's day. Or at least the almanac says so. Ms. Kate's mom would have said so too.

The yard is rather empty this morning. I have a couple of cardinals here for breakfast and a few goldfinches, and that is about it. Two squirrels are out there, each hogging a feeder. The cute little wren is "gathering" stuff. That means there is a nest being prepared somewhere. I have a little feeder that is kind of a cage that is shaped like a ball. I think I am supposed to maybe put peanuts in it. Instead, I sometimes will put dryer lint in it and the birds will take it out of there to help line their nests.

It is time go check on Ms. Kate and take her a cup if coffee if she is up to it. And, --- it is time to take stock of the day and the blessing the day brings; and then give thanks to God for them. I hop you have a blessed day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment