Thursday, March 19, 2015

A typical spring morning greets me this morning on the sunporch. We had a night of what I would call "typical spring rain". It was gentle, light, and an on and off type of rain. I think we are supposed to have some more of it today. If so, that's just fine, it may come in handy for instigating a nap later today here in the sunporch. There isn't anything quite like the gentle sound of rain on a roof to make a fellow drift off.

I attended a funeral yesterday of my friend Janice. She was someone I have known most of my life although we were not what one would call close friends. She was two years older than me, and her sister, Doris, was in my confirmation class at church and we were in the same classes from first grade through high school. The entire family were and are "good people". I mention her passing because Janice is so typical of one of those people that we put into categories. She always was a beautiful girl. She was popular and had lots of friends and a good job. Janice was one of those people that I'm sure her "aquaintences" would have said; "She sure is lucky". We often put people in the "sure is lucky" category unless we know their "back-story". Janice was married twice, and buried both husbands. Janice suffered from a terrible progressive muscle disorder that threatened her life on a daily basis. We have been to dinner with her and saw her go into a choking spell that we weren't sure she would survive. Janice had to rely on her sister and other family members to take her anywhere because she had become wheelchair bound. To me, Janice's life was a lesson we all need to learn. We humans are quick to judge people from a distance. And, we sometimes tend to judge the status of our own life based upon what we see of the lives of others from a distance. I wouldn't trade the life I have been blessed to live for the life she has had to live for anything. And, while I may never have had the money or looks, or popularity that Janice was blessed with, I never have had to suffer like she did either. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence; its just more grass, and we should be content to eat our own.

My blog this morning is being written in spurts, unfortunately. I have had several needed interruptions. Ms. Kate is still sick so I stop to check on her. Then I had a plumber coming this morning to work on a toilet. She had to replace the inner workings of the thing. I might have been able to do that had I known what was wrong, but all I knew was that the tank wouldn't fill and I have been known to cause disasters when trying to do plumbing. I tried to replace a washer one time in our last home and ended up breaking a pipe and had to call in a plumber anyway. That was a $400.00 washer, so now, I call an expert in the first place.

It is time for me to fix us some lunch so I should get to it. Say a prayer for Ms. Kate. She's pretty miserable at he moment. Here's hoping the rest of your Thursday is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment