Friday, January 30, 2015

"The simple act of bowing your head, and saying  'Dear God---'  is like loosening the valve stem on a tire. It just slowly deflates your problems."

I was working on a sermon on a totally different subject last night and that random thought popped into my head and I had to write it down. I'm not sure where it came from or to what situation it applies, but it seemed important at the moment, and I thought I would share it here this morning. I can think of a couple of people to whom it might apply. I have a friend and parishioner  who is going through much mental anguish and turmoil at work and is searching for God's guidance. And, --- our daughter Lisa and her husband Gary are jumping through the hundreds of loops and hoops it takes for him to start his own business of an auto repair business. Lisa and Gary are very well grounded in their faith and we have all been lifting them up in prayer for God's guidance. She has an MBA in finance and he is a fully qualified and certified mechanic. However, it is still a scairy proposition to jump out there on your own. Holding the hand of God is certainly the steadying factor.

And a very good Friday morning to you! Another week has come to an end and tomorrow is the last day of January which means that 2015 is already 1/12 th over. If the forecasters are correct, we will celebrate it with three to six inches of fresh snowfall come Sunday. With that being in the forecast, I need to make sure that I get all of the feeders filled up tomorrow for sure. I probably should pick up some snow melt too to put on the drive way. It makes it so much easier to clean off. The little John Deere and snow blade have been prepped and ready since Christmas. And yes, we need milk and bread; not because of the snow but because we are about out.  Looking out my windows this morning though, it is hard to imagine a snow or rain event. It is bright and beautiful out there; thank you very much Lord.

The Cardinals are glistening in the sunlight and the Robins are hopping all around the yard. The chimes are gently swaying and playing. God's peace is alive and thriving in my back yard. What more could a fellow ask for? And so my thoughts naturally go to my blessings, which God so abundantly supplies.

I again offer my prayers of gratitude for the wealth of love that surrounds me. I am so very fortunate and I try to never forget that. I also offer up prayers for physical and mental comfort for those who I know are struggling with health issues and those who are facing tough decisions in their life right now. I lift up this nation and other nations in this world and pray for moments, and minutes, and days of total peace. And I pray that in the stillness of that peace, we might all hear the blessed voice of God calming of personal and collective fears. And finally, I pray for you and hope you have a most blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment