Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rain, rain, rain. It is indeed a very rainy morning around here and it is 46°. There are a couple of squirrels out there and they look miserable and wet. But then, --- I doubt they have a concept of miserable and wet. I'm positive that if I were out in like they are, I would be looking for shelter.

Youngest daughter, Lisa, and her family left about an hour ago to head back to North Carolina. I really hope they drive out of this rain fairly soon. Gary is driving the truck and pulling the trailor with the dining room set in it. Grandson Matthew is driving Lisa's car following along behind. He is only 16 years old and I don't know how much driving experience he has, especially in the rain. So our prayers are certainly for them to have a safe trip. And --- while it won't help anything at all, we worry about them until they get safely home tomorrow. It was wonderful to see the kids even if it was only for less than twenty four hours. I really wish that Lisa and Heather lived as close as Julie does. But that isn't the way it is, so we treasure every moment we get to be with any of them. God has blessed us as a family that loves one another and actually likes to be together, so I will just be grateful for the blessings as they flow and not whine for more.

The kids got in around noon yesterday and we went right to work to get things loaded in their trailor. We knew rain was coming in at some point so we busted our humps to get it all loaded. Neighbor Dan was a super help, as he came over and helped carry a bunch of the stuff with us. It is really great to have a neighbor like him. He and I swap help a lot. But mostly we're like a couple of gossips as we stand in the yard solving all of the world's problems drinking our coffee. We have no doubt that the world would run a lot better if we were in charge.

Ms. Kate is busy trying to get all of the stuff she took out of a large china cabinette back into a much smaller one. Its pretty much like putting fifty pounds of potatos into a ten pound bag. She has so very many family heirloom glass pieces and beautiful crystal pieces. But, she isn't going to be able to display them like she was able to. I reckon we will just have to see how all of this is going to work out.

Besides asking for safe travel this morning for my family, I also lift up my prayers for Aunt Aleen, Kathy's aunt who had the strokes. Two days ago, we were out there and she was sure she was going to die before morning. She and Kathy talked about it and she and I prayed together about it. But God has obviously chosen not to take her home just yet. I'm sure she is disappointed, and frankly, we are sad for her. But God controls our lives and we should be grateful for each breath. So, I pray that she can find peace within her body and her soul, and trust that God will be with her through the pain and suffering. After all, God is good, all the time. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment