Saturday, January 31, 2015

Filtered sunshine is what I think the weather guy said today would have. I wonder what the difference is between partly cloudy and filtered sunshine. Perhaps it has to do with the height and consistency of the clouds. But then, I am probably the only viewer of his report that is wondering about such a thing.

I have lots of birds out here this morning. Cardinals, Robins, Starlings, a Mocking bird -- or is it Mocking Jay, I'm not sure. I need to look that one up. There are also Goldfinches and House finches, and a couple of Doves. They are, of course, joined by a couple of fat squirrels. I bought another 50#  bag of black oil sunflower seed yesterday. I haven't taken it to the shed yet. I left it in the car for weight because we were supposed to get from three to six inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. But now, the weather forecaster say all the snow is going to go much farther north and we will just have rain. So, I'll carry it out to the shed this morning when I refill the feeders.

Well, poop! I just noticed that the glass beaker on my rain gage is cracked beyond use. It was a really nice one too. With all of the mild weather we've had I didn't think about putting it away for the winter. What a dumb move on my part. I guess as Forrest Gump says, "I'm not a smart man, Jenny" .

I don't know of anything on our agenda today. I think it will just be a lazy Saturday which is fine by me. We are both on our second cup of coffee and kind of just lazing around. I have no doubt there are things around here that I should be doing.  However, sitting here, watching my birds, sipping my coffee and occasionally writing a sentence is about as industrious as I'd like to get. I'll go fill my feeders in a bit, then perhaps we will run out and check on Aunt Aleen. There is no real change on that front,, althought Karen said she had a really good conversation with her yesterday. That is a first in a week or so. Bless her heart.

God has brought us to the end of another week. It has been a week once again filled with joy, peace, and love. What more could we ask for? So I'll close today with prayers of gratitude for all of those who have been a part of my life this week, from Ms. Kate who is the love of my life all the way down to the cashier at Walmart; I have interacted with God's children. I pray that I may have been a proper representative of the kind of person Christ expects me to be, and that I have done something to make someone's day better this week. We never know when the slightest of our actions can affect a perfect stranger or change the outlook of their day. So smile today and let the light of the Lord shine through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment