Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm fairly certain it was Karen Carpenter, (who died entirely too soon by the way), that wrote the song "Rainy Days and Mondays". She said that rainy days and Mondays "always get me down". Well, it is Monday and it is a rainy day, at least to start with, but it won't get me down. As far as I'm concerned; it is just another peaceful morning here in the sunporch, listening to the song of some kind of bird singing from the next yard over, and watching these four squirrels go through their squirrel antics as they try to climb wet steel poles to get to my feeders. It has been a display of "squirrel yo-yo" as they climb up and slide back down.

We had a good weekend and church services were fairly well attended, as they should be. After-all, what else would one do with a Sunday morning; --- the Colts didn't play until late afternoon!

Speaking of which; --- the Colts & Broncos game yesterday was extremely exciting and well played. Next weekend we will be glued to our armchairs here at home while Julie & Jim are glued to their chairs in New Albany as our Colts play their Patriots. It would be fun to watch it together but we will have to settle for texting back and forth during the game. Unfortunately, our Colts don't have a very good record while playing on the road and they are playing on Patriot home turf. But--- even that squirrel out there manages to get up that slick pole once in a while, so who knows.

I think we will have a fairly benign week around here. I need to do my visitations this week assuming the nursing homes are allowing visitors due to people having the flu etc. Ms. Charlotte was sick with it last week and at 101 years old, that is not a good thing. I pray she gets over it. On the other hand, when I am there she has no clue who I am and doesn't talk to me. But, I'm told that there is always the possibility that on some conscious level there may be recognition, so I go and sit with her for a few moments and say a prayer for her. My only other nursing home parishioner is a real "Negative-Nancy". He doesn't have much of anything good to say about anyone or anything. But, he does always seem to enjoy visitors. It gives him a fresh face to complain to, so I can serve as that fresh face for him, and then we pray together.

My brother in law goes in for blood work this Friday and then back to the oncologist a week from today. So, we are going to hold our collective breath for a week and pray for continued good results. My prayers also go out for strength and healing for the mothers of two of my parishioners, one of whom just had a bowel resection and the other who has Lou Gerhrigs disease. May God's loving hands hold them both as they go through their health issues.  We have several people on our church prayer list these days and I lift each and every one of them up in prayer. And finally I lift up Aunt Aleen, and pray God gives her comfort and peace also. --- So much need --- and only one God to handle it all. And God does it so very well. How overwhelming is that thought? Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment