Thursday, January 29, 2015

I have already watched the sky turn from a bright sunny day to a cloudy and gloomy day. The temperature has dropped by four degrees since I first stepped outside this morning. I just came in from doing my trash can duties and cutting the dead tops off of the asparagus and putting Epsom Salt on that bed. I don't know why we put the epsom salt on it except that Ms. Kate says it needs to be done, --- so I do it. But the wind has picked up and is for sure carrying in some less than pleasant weather. Its a great thing to be staying home today.

It has been a bit of a different kind of morning. We stayed up late last night watching a couple of shows that Ms. Kate had put on the DVR. We finally crawled under the covers around 1:45 this morning. I was up by 7:15, had the coffee made and was in the sunporch by 7:30. I read my devotional and had a talk with the Lord, watched my birds and squirrels --- and dozed off in my recliner for a bit. Karen called around 9:00 and broke me out of a perfectly good dream, but it was time to be awake anyway. Ms. Kate was at her computer having her coffee and reading her Facebook stuff. So, it is that kind of a lazy morning.

This afternoon and evening will be dedicated to writing. I am lucky that the churches allow me to work out of my home. I have no set hours other than to conduct worship services, attend choir practice, and attend meetings as they might come up either with the association or the churches, or the occasional counselling session and parishioner visits. Were I to be at the churches, either of them, for a "normal office hours" type of situation, it would indeed be a lonely job because no one would be there. We have no administrative help. We have no internet capability at either church. Heck, one church doesn't even have a phone and no computers. So, it would just be me, sitting there unable to do any research or writing. As it is, our foks know that I'm as close as a phone and almost always available, 24/7. It works well for all of us.

I have my first Mocking Bird that I have seen in quite a while nibbling on the suet feeders this morning. The Cardinals are coming in and out to eat. Some of them are exceptionally bright and when the sun shinesvon tthem they become almost a brillant red. It makes for a really pretty sight since almost everything else outside is brown or at least dark during the winter. So I consider the Cardinals my daily reminder that God is fully alive even in winter when all else is sleeping. God never sleeps.

I'm lifting up my brother in law this morning. He's had a few days under the weather. So many people are sick right now with flu-like symptoms and colds and stomach viruses. Our youngest baby in the church is going through some of this so I'm lfting up all of them to the Lord for a dose of comfort and healing.

My computer downstairs is waiting for my fingers to get busy; so I better do just that. I hope you have a wonderful, Holy Spirit filled day.




1 comment:

  1. My husband always asked me to read your blog to him so after I read my daily Bible Plan I read your blog to him daily.

    ReplyDelete