Friday, November 14, 2014

The sky is a clear brilliant blue this morning and the air is a crisp 22°. The air is still too so maybe my birds will have an easier time hanging on to the feeders. It would appear that I need to fill a few feeders today at some point but I think I will wait another ten degrees.

The window washing crew is coming at 0800 so we are up early, or as Ms. Kate calls it, "church time". In that we seldom go to bed before 0100, we usually get up around 0800 except on Sundays. When I first retired from the Air Force, I was getting up and ready like I had a staff meeting at 0700 or something. When I was stationed at Nellis Air Force Base, I would be on the running track at 0530, walk my five to seven miles and then head to work. But those needs and requirements are long past.

Well,  it would appear our being up early was proper because our crew just showed up a half an hour early. It will be interesting to see how those guys clean windows in the outside when it is 22° . I told them that we have the drop down/tilt in windows for easy cleaning but they said it takes them longer to do that.

Robins, Cardinals, Chickadees, Finches, Titmouse, Red wing Blackbirds, Sparrows and Woodpeckers of three varieties are all at the feeders and the birdbath this morning. There are three, maybe four Robins out there and three of them were sitting on the birdbath. It will be interesting to see if they elect to take a bath or not in this weather.
They are doing a lot of moving leaves and stuff this morning looking for what ever it is they eat, I guess. This is exactly why I enjoy sitting out here to write in the morning. Life and God's world is just so very amazing and interesting.

I made my visitations yesterday and got my work done at the churches. I also ran into my first snow flakes. We had flurries on and off all afternoon yesterday. I'm not a fan. If I never saw snow anywhere except in a picture for the rest of my life --- I would be fine with that. But some folks love it and they long for a White Christmas. I'm not a fan of any weather that I have to shovel. But, God created it so it must be good. But I'm willing to give some of that goodness to those who really desire it.

Time for prayers of the day. Of course no day is complete without giving thanks for my family and the love and support they give to me. I also pray that brother Byron has good results today from his PSA testing. That would fall right into the category of miracles. I lift up those folks who are grieving today from the loss of a loved one. I ask God to lay a comforting hand on them. I lift up those who are homeless and hungry today. May they find shelter and food and the help they need to live a better life. I lift up the members of our military today where ever they may be stationed. May God guide them safely home. And I have prayed for you today, whoever may be reading this. May God touch your soul today and bring you peace in your mind and in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment