Wednesday, November 26, 2014

James Whitcomb Riley once wrote a poem called "When the Frost Is On The Pumpkin", and that term certainly applies to this morning. And, --- I guess that only surprises me because with all of the cold weather, rain, and even snow, --- we haven't seen very many mornings with frost. God's world never ceases to amaze me with the intricacies of nature. While the sun is now streaming across the roof and lighting up the back yard and overhead are brilliant blue skies, the weather reporter just promised us an afternoon of rain and an evening of snow. (Big sigh)

All my feathered friends are certainly fluffed and plumped up this morning as they sit out there on the limbs and feeders. They look like they are about twice the size they are on a warm morning. I have plenty of suet out there for energy food for them although they still prefer the black oil sunflower seeds of which we have gone through fifty pounds of in the last week.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am thankful that we will be celebrating it with family in a warm home. I know I mention it often in my blog but I just feel so very blessed to live the life I am fortunate enough to live. My journey has taken me from an unknown situation and home as a toddler to an orphanage for a couple of years, to a home where I was given the opportunity to learn music and an introduction to the church and faith and the beginnings of a faith journey, I have indeed had an interesting life. I've married a lady; without a doubt the finest lady I have met in my life, and she has absolutely been the rock of our family and has stood beside me through raising three daughters, often by herself while I was deployed for extended periods of time. I've been fortunate to have had two overwhelming successful careers; first as a military man, going from Airman Basic and retiring thirty two years later as a Colonel. Then, rather than retire, as I promised Ms. Kate, I began another full time career as a pastor for our two rural churches where I have been for the last ten years. We have three wonderful daughters, each with successful careers of their own, and we have five wonderful grandchildren. So, is it any wonder that I feel as if I have lived a totally blessed life?

As we go into this Thanksgiving holiday, I also must thank God once again for the overwhelming improvement in Byron's health in his battle with cancer; and I also thank God for Julie's continued strength and resolve in her constant battle with RA. Her constant battle with pain makes me ashamed to even think about complaining about anything.

God has been the constant in my life whether I acknowleged it or even recognized it over the years. I know that nothing in my life could have been possible without God being the guiding and directing force nudging and supporting me all the way.

Count your blessings today and take time to walk back through your life. I guarantee you that you will find God playing all the important roles in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment