Wednesday, November 12, 2014

According to an early morning post from my friend Judith Powers, it is 34° with a feels like temperature of 29°. However, that hasn't stopped my neighbor's lawn service from being out there mowing at 8:00 in the morning. Yikes! That guy doesn't even weat a ball cap on his head. He's got to be cold. I may do the same thing here in a bit and mulch up the leaves from yesterdays wind and rain. But, I'll have my head covered for sure. I can't be getting a cold.

There is my usual morning gang out there this morning at the feeders. Ms. Kate was in the kitchen with the mixer going first thing this morning and I thought maybe she was making some home made sausage. But, alas --- she was making suet cakes for our feathered friends. I've already had one of the Downy Woodpeckers come and sample it. The sketch cakes are good for energy for them.

Today is Wednesday and that means a busy day of visitation, going to the churches and running the bulletins, and then this evening we'll do choir practice. It may be cold out but at least it isn't raining. Yesterday afternoon was miserable out with the major temperature drop, wind, and rain. We attended a nice program at the Ft. Branch Community School in honor of veterans. The kids presented the whole thing and they did a good job of it. Their choir sang, their bell choir played, the band played and some of the 8th grade students read essays or poems they had written. It was a picture straight out of mid-west Americana where children are taught the value of their history and heritage.

The rest of our week is semi-benign. Tomorrow is dental cleaning day; not the most exciting part of my life. Friday we are actually having a crew come in and wash the windows in this place. That sounds like a really extravagant thing to do and maybe it is a bit over the top. But these guys come in and wash and clean all 29 windows in this place, inside and out, in about three hours and only charge about $175.00. Well worth it in my books. I think it took almost an hour and a half for us to just clean the ten floor to ceiling windows inside and out  here in the sun porch this past spring. Oh yeh, where is my checkbook!

Our friend John of which I wrote a few days ago is now out of ICU and in a regular hospital room. I am just amazed at the progress he has made. God has indeed performed great things with him. I haven't heard a report in a day or so, but, I credit the power of prayer and God's intervention to his current condition. Is he still terminal--- probably. But then we are all terminal aren't we. But God has allowed him to be able to have some extra time to be able to say his good-bye to the family and to take care of what ever spiritual residual may be remaining between him and God. That, my friends, is what we call God's Grace. May your day be filled with the Grace of God today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment