Tuesday, November 18, 2014

In my whining moments about weather, and snow in particular, I always say that I don't mind snow as long as it is "convenient" snow. Just put snow on the grass and fields and stuff but not on the sidewalks and streets. Well, from my pespective, this snow we have out there is actually "convenient"snow; so once again, thank you very much, Lord. I did go out and clear my driveway yesterday morning, --- I told you that. But, within two hours the sun had been bright enough that the street was clear and so was everyone else's driveway. Basically, once again, I created work for myself that God would have taken care of had I only been a bit patient. I think I do that a lot with more than just snow. Maybe we all do.

It is a cold, 13°, windy morning. But it is still beauttiful out there. Much of the snow that was on the bushes and trees has blown off and the limbs are free to stand back up. I was concerned about my fire bushes as they were bent almost in half from the weight of the snow. But most of the snow is now off of them. The azaleas are still pretty weighted down because they are backed up against the fence and the wind doesn't really get to them. Hopefully the sun will help the snow melt enough that the branches won't break. I have to go to the scripture where Jesus said something to the effect of; "Consider the lilies and the trees; they neither toil or work and God takes care of them." It will all be fine.

At 13°, the feeders are a popular place this morning and the heated bird bath is working great. There have been many, many birds at it this morning. There are birds on every feeder right now. I refilled everything yesterday afternoon, so there should be enough food for a few days depending on how many of those fuzzy tailed rats show up, and how long they sit on the feeders. I only have one out there at the moment and it is sitting up on a branch with its tail covering it in order to keep warm. I really don't understand how they keep from freezing to death in weather like this. But I feel the same way about the birds, and the cattle in the fields and all the other animals. Once again, --- the intracies of God's universe are just so overwhelming. To sit and try too analyze it will just boggle your mind and leave you staring into space. That is why we have this thing we call "faith". We simply trust that God put a perfect plan in motion, and like God, it will last for as long as God wants it to last.

This morning I thank God for the sunshine that at least makes the world look a bit warmer out there, even though I know it isn't. I thank God for all my birds and yes, even those darn squirrels. I thank God that I have a home and I pray that those who don't, --- are finding shelter and warmth somewhere. I thank God for my family and the love we share. And, --- I thank God for you who may be reading some part or all of my blog this morning. Whether I know you or not, you have just become part of my extended family. God has already blessed each and everyone one of you today. I trust you will give God thanks for those blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment