Monday, November 10, 2014

What kind of day do we have today? Well, let's just say this. There is a "throw" that drapes across the back of my chair for when it gets really cool out here. If I were to get off of it and put it across me; I think I would be snoozing by now, despite the fact that I slept in this morning. So, I guess it is a lazy, snoozy morning. That will happen when one stays up until 0100 hrs to watch Cut Throat Kitchen.

Actually, it is a beautiful morning. It's breezy, sunny, and 46° out there and supposed to go up to around 60° today. Our young weather gal last night said today would be "the pick of the litter" for weather-days this week. It is supposed to turn cold and stay that way now for a couple of weeks. The first day of winter is still a month off. Oh well,, we will adapt to what ever God send down the chute.

We are on day two of the Veteran's Day celebrations. Tomorrow is actually Veteran's Day but today is the day I think it is "celebrated"; which in reality means the banks and government offices and institutions are closed to accommodate a three day weekend. I did part of my worship service yesterday in honor of our veterans and tomorrow I'm attending a Veteran's Day program at a local school to support one of my young church kids who is taking a part in the program.

I'm very proud of my congregations this morning. We have been colleting items to fill Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. The collection period ended yesterday and we spent a couple of hours sorting and filling boxes. We filled 59 shoeboxes. We had fifteen people show up to help fill the boxes and we celebrated our efforts with pizza and soda after we finished. What is really neat is that I had a young 16 year old girl who volunteered to run the program for the parish this year. She did a great job. So congratulations to her and to the parish. I love seeing how God inspires people to do something for some one else.

So, I just did a "2nd cup of coffee run" and I suddenly remembered that I have a great bathrobe to slip on for chilly mornings. I wondered what might have happened to it. Well, that would be robe that hangs directly in front of me and I brush up against everytime I walk into the closet. Sometimes --- no one is so blind as those who can see.

This morning I once again give prayers to God in praise of his marvelous creation and manifold blessings. I also ask God for his healing power for both daughter Julie and brother-in-law who are down with bronkial stuff and making them miserable. Neither of them need a single thing added to their heath plate. I also lift up all those on our church prayer list. May the Lord watch over them and provide comfort to them. And I pray for anyone who may intentionally or accidentally be reading this. May God shed his blessings on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment