Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm running late today with my writing. It is mainly because I do my blog out here using my Nook. But --- I forgot to take it back and plug it in yesterday so this morning the battery was down to about 8%. That's not a good start to the day. I could write my blog on my PC of course but it just isn't the same sitting in the basement and not having my porch windows to look out of when I'm writing. I guess I could also use my laptop but I forget I have that most of the time except when we go on trips. Soooo --- my name for today must be "total geeky dork".

I'm now sitting here with a fully charged Nook and I'm watching a cold front come in. We have a narrow band of rain that is being pushed by some pretty strong wind. There are almost whitecaps on the bird bath with this wind. I changed out bird baths this morning because we are supposed to see a very dramatic drop in temperatures with several nights well below freezing. My heated bird bath does wonders at keeping water available for the birds in even the coldest temps.

The fuzzy tailed rats are back. There are three squirrels out there on the feeders at this moment. I figured they would return in force as soon as it got a bit cooler outside. There are a lot of birds of all kinds out there too. They have instincts that tell them that cold weather is coming and they need to build up their body fat. The weatherman even used that four letter word--- "snow" in his forecast last night. But, as warm as the ground still is, it won't amount to anything more than an inconvenience.

Today is Veteran's Day and we are attending a program up in Ft. Branch At the school. But, we need to go to our favorite restaurant first for some lunch. After the program, Ms. Kate want to go to a couple of stores so, that will be my afternoon.

Before I go, I must give thanks to all of the Veterans who have served this nation in order to preserve our freedom. I also give thank to God who kept them safe. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment