Friday, November 7, 2014

What a gloriously beautiful morning. The sun is streaming across the roof and into the back yard. There is minimal breeze moving anything around out there. The only detractor is that it is 34°… Brrrrrr! But, I think we are going up to around 50° today so that won't be too bad to get out in. I need to spend some time using the leaf vacuum again from the last few day's worth of gusty wind. I'll get the rake out and pull some of the leaves out of the bushes and run the lawn mower over them.

It looks like I need to also fill some feeders again. Most of the ones in the Pussy Willow tree just outside the window are really low. There is still plenty of food in other feeders but these are the ones they seem to like the best. I could use another 50 pound bag of black oil sunflower seed too. It has sure lasted a lot longer since I haven't had squirrels on the feeders. However, I am seeing them back again. There is one out there right now stuffing his belly. I think it is just about time to put out my heated bird bath again too and put the rest away for the season. It is great to see how well that thing works. I think this will be at least the fifth, or maybe sixth year we will use it. These things run around $50.00 but are totally worth it. When it gets to be freezing out and everything else iced over, we become the only source of water for them.

There are lots of Cardinals here again this morning. I generally have between eight and twelve at a time. There are a couple of Goldfinches here two. They have totally lost their color by now. I guess it helps with their camoflague in the winter as they match the dullness of the branches. I have a couple of Chickadees and an occasional Junko, but their numbers will increase as winter sets in.

I think this will be a short blog this morning. I need to eat breakfast and then get on with the activities of the day. The days are shorter and that leaves less time to get stuff done in the sunlight outside. With the time change, it now is dark by five in the afternoon. So, it is time to reflect for a few moments on the blessings of my life and the goodness of God. No day should ever begin without stopping to be grateful for my blessings. The mere act of getting out of bed this morning is a luxury that many people don't have beecause there are so many in this world that have no bed to get out of. Walking to my kitchen and pouring another cup of coffee is a luxury because so many people not only can't walk, but many more don't have a kitchen to walk to. So my prayers this morning are for those who are struggling in life this morning. May God bless  them and comfort them and help them find food and shelter and health. And, if there is a way that I can be of service to my fellowman, I ask for God to guide me in that direction. Have a wonderful day full of positive energy and a desire to help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment